• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The General Election Thread 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The General Election Thread 2017

Well, Parliament have to approve a change in the 5 year fixed Parliament but Labour want to fight an election.
    On April 25th(am trying to remember this from the BBC news earlier) Parliament is effectively dissolved and that means that there will be 6 weeks of campaigning.

Let's be blunt, it will be 10 weeks campaigning cos the local elections fall about 4 weeks before the general election.

The choices will be Tory, Labour, LibDems and I think we can say Greens(can't forget Brighton weirdos can we ).
    Not forgetting the Independent in Clacton who will be up against the UKIP major party donor.

In Scotland, my expert has told me they'll never get rid of the Tory in Dumfries.
    Some headlines are saying that Northern Ireland won't have a government.

At the moment the Tory party has a 15% lead in the polls. I just hope we don't get Nicola Sturgeon in the main election debates cos I can't vote for her in England so I don't care what she has to say

Over to you people to put up a poll(and I do mean a voting poll)
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)
    Tags: None

Re: The General Election Thread 2017

We have no debates likely from Theresa May: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39633696

Comment

just imagine..........................
      Attached Files

Comment

The EU negotiating stance: http://g8fip1kplyr33r3krz5b97d1.wpen...0-14-31_01.pdf

Comment

am starting to think that none of the opposition partys want to win this election and are activly trying to make sure

Labour seemly doing everything possible to aleanate there none unuionised supporters ( traditional working lower classes ), and i wouldnt want corybin in charge of the coats at a night club, never mind a complex set of business negoteations.

UKIP who regularly swayed between reasonable argument ( EU governence ) and lunicy imigration policys, seem to have swayed far right, and pushing in on old BNP policys and gone full on lunicy mode

Liberals.. Shame, theres a whole generation of ex students that will never vote for them now. There leader seems a resonable man, bet he would make a good head master, but he doesnt feel like a leader, might do well in good times, but we need somone with some gonads

Step in May -- There is no chance i would have ever considered voting for any conservative untill this last year. but she seems to be aproachinbg this very sencibly, and not pandering to the medias needs. I think her approach to a situation that she cleary didnt want before the vote, goes a long way in being able to trust her with my vote.

now, if they could put together a dream team

Blair May Sturgens 3 way dna offspring , ( i will get me coat )
          D Milliband - foregn sec and brexit deal maker for business
          E Milliband -- can go back to his job being Wallace
          Nigel Farrage - Brexit negoteations
          Alister Darling - tresurey
          Spirit of Thatcher -- In chagre of unions in the public sector
          Boris Johnson -- Just to keep dark lord mandelsons coffin secure
          crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Here in Cambridge the race is between the library Dems and labour. I am torn normally I would say labour. But Mr Corbyn is not leadership material. The local MP is so labour it is . But I would for Caligula's horse if it meant that I could keep the tories out.

Comment

Conservatives are going to win by how big a majority is the question. The opposition is a joke a leftie with some good ideas but no leader of the country qualities lLibdems are now a joke and UKIP are coming out with vote winners banning certain types of headgear really?
              BREXUT is coming a change for us all needs strong Government not a bunch of jokers.

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
                Here in Cambridge the race is between the library Dems and labour. I am torn normally I would say labour. But Mr Corbyn is not leadership material. The local MP is so labour it is . But I would for Caligula's horse if it meant that I could keep the tories out.
                Huppert has a chance in Cambridge as the vote was only won by about 500 votes, if memory serves me right. He also voted against tuition fees when they came up in Parliament. Zeichner, would be an ideal Lib Dem candidate...against EU membership(72% of cambridge voters voted in) except, the leader in Corbyn and in a general election, we do think national politics.

There is also the mayoral elections in Cambridgeshire as well this time with about 6 candidates, if memory serves me right from the leaflet that they delivered recently.

I think the race will be close again in Cambridge and it will be a target for LibDems. Local elections are first and i wonder how much of an impact that those elections will have on the general election since it will be only 4 weeks aftewards.

Comment

I am sure that depending on the results of local elections we will see a lot of posturing from the main parties

I live in a strong Tory (boo hiss) seat although to be fair the MP is a very good constituency MP who interevened on my behalf with the DWP after all my letters to them were ignored.

I think locally the lib dems are very strong

We will have to see

Interesting times

Incidentally my nephews ex girlfriend is standing for the Lib Dems, I think in Widdicombes seat.

Comment

My MP is Denis Skinner. Chances of him being ousted in favour of anyone at all is exceedingly slim. But, I guess it depends whether people look beyond Denis, and see Jeremy Corbyn possibly leading the country ... and whether the thought of that is enough to sway them away from Labour.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I hear that the beast is actually a very good MP is that right?

Comment

He is a bloody superstar. I'm very happy with him as a person and an MP. However I'd rather eat my own eyeballs with a spoon before voting Labour.
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Send me your address and i'll post a spoon

Comment

He is a bloody superstar. I'm very happy with him as a person and an MP. However I'd rather eat my own eyeballs with a spoon before voting Labour.
                            I honestly used to feel the same about the conserveyourselves, but, Mays getting my vote,
                            crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
                              I honestly used to feel the same about the conserveyourselves, but, Mays getting my vote,
                              As bad as this may sound, we might have to choose between two of the least abhorrent people.
                              Your choice if you hate the tories is Jeremy Corbyn and that's a crap choice.
                              Or you choose the LibDems who millions of now ex students will tell you, betrayed them on a campaign promise on student tuition fees.

We will see the collapse of the UKIP vote in a general election, that is a certainty.

So could we see tactical voting? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39693277

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X