• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

G24 contractual parking charge notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G24 contractual parking charge notice

Good day,

i received a letter earlier today from g24, asking me to part with £100, (£60 if I pay immediately) for parking on a local sports direct car park for 150 minutes, the maximum was 120 according to the letter.

Im a member at the gym where I parked my car and I was indeed using the gym that day, however I have issues with the times they are claiming I left the car park. It says on the letter I left at 13:28:57 but I have text messages sent by myself at 13:27, 13:30, 13:34 and 13:46. If I'd have left the car park at 13:28 it usually takes me 15/20 minutes to get home and I wouldn't have been able to send these texts. And I certainly did not text whilst I was driving.

another thing which isn't sitting well with me is when I first joined the gym there is a tablet computer as you go in which asks you to input your registration number, which I did. One day I forgot to do it and I told the receptionist I'd forgot to do it and enquired if I'd get a fine, I was told not to worry about it and I'd only have to do input my reg into it if I was staying over three hours, so I'd never worried about parking since then and after speaking to other drivers they did not I out their registrations too.

With both of these issues I'd assume that the company would say that firstly I was texting whilst driving, and secondly that it's my word against theirs with regards to the receptionist telling me it's a three hour limit.

What at should I do? Complain to the manager of the gym? Deny I was driving? Provide evidence that I was texting at that time?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: G24 contractual parking charge notice

So your first act is to get on to the gym and request, strongly, that the charge is cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      So your first act is to get on to the gym and request, strongly, that the charge is cancelled.
      Thanks for the reply, I have already contacted the manager at the gym, he's asked me to bring the parking notice into the gym with me today. Fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by Archiethere View Post
        Thanks for the reply, I have already contacted the manager at the gym, he's asked me to bring the parking notice into the gym with me today. Fingers crossed
        Hi - how did this pan out for you? I'm in the same Situation with the one in Sale, Manchester. The gym are refusing to help so its now gone to Gladstones who are threatening court. I hope it does go to court because its clearly an injustice but it'd be good see how it worked out for you. Maybe you have set a president?

Comment

Originally posted by whitlander View Post
          Hi - how did this pan out for you? I'm in the same Situation with the one in Sale, Manchester. The gym are refusing to help so its now gone to Gladstones who are threatening court. I hope it does go to court because its clearly an injustice but it'd be good see how it worked out for you. Maybe you have set a president?

Hi, I ended up getting off with the fine eventually. First of all I spoke to the manger who said “don’t worry about I’ll sort it”. So I thought it was sorted, I was wrong. Two weeks later I received another letter so I went back in but the Manager wasn’t there, I was told it would be passed on to him when he was next in.

Needless to say say I received another letter threatening to take me to court so I went in and spoke to the manager again who said he’d forgot about it and he would email them. I asked him if he minded me waiting whilst he did it so he ended up doing it there and then. Two days later I received a letter from the company enforcing the fine saying it had been waived.

It seems management have the power to cancel these fines quite easily and if you could get them on your side you’ll have a much better chance of winning. I’d email the manger and explain your situation so you have it in writing. I found the managers email address on the SD website. Good luck.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X