• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

So I am going to VT my fiat. I have had a lengthily phone call will the people of FCA and they have told me I need to pay £70 for collection. When challenging them on this (citing the CCA) they told me that they are well within their rights to ask for this.
    Am I being treated like a fool?
    If so I will just drive the car there myself as it only being roughly 30 miles away.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Help!

Hi Annam & welcome to LB.

I'll give [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] a nudge for you.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: Help!

Morning,

I would say they are well within their rights to ask for it if the agreement came to an end following you paying all of the instalments and then returning the car as opposed to exercising the option to purchase. But because you terminated in accordance with s.99, your liability is restricted and cannot include any additional payments for collection or otherwise except as set out in s.100(1).

Of course you can return the car by driving it to them but you won't get compensated for it and it will come out of your own pocket, unless they agree to reimburse you for delivering it. VT is not conditional on paying for the collection fee and they have more to lose if they refuse on that basis.

The decision is up to you, likely to be more hassle going down the route of arguing collection charges so if you want rid asap them perhaps you will need to take the hit of driving the car to them. If you do drive it to their preferred auction, I would suggest you draft out an acknowledgement form and get them person who is taking the car to sign it as evidence it has been delivered on the date. You could also add in the acknowledgement form to say that the undersigned acknowledges that the car has been returned in a reasonable condition - that way if FCA dispute any damage then you have proof that it was in a reasonable condition. And don't forget to take photos of it before giving the keys over.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X