Thread: Applying to set aside a CCJ - Supporting Docs

• Display
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Applying to set aside a CCJ - Supporting Docs

Hi,

My partner recently found out he has a CCJ against his and his ex partners name at his house which she still lives in. She was ill last year and didn't open or pass on any letters. They have since sold the house and she has paid the outstanding amounts however he now has this on his file for another 5years and he did not M ow anything about it until now.

We are applying to go back to court to have the CCJ set aside for him. They have ask for supporting evidence such as a letter from his ex to say that she did not pass on letter.

Does anyone have any templates or examples for this type of letter/statement? I'm not very good at this sort of thing and have no idea what to write or how to lay it out?

Also, anything else we should do/include to help our case?

We have a young family and we're about to buy a house so this has certainly thrown a spanner in the works ((

Mentioned
    491 Post(s)

Default Re: Applying to set aside a CCJ - Supporting Docs

The supporting documents you will need is something like a witness statement from the ex partner. It will need to be set out in a proper format, you can find out how to set it out here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ness-Statement
    DISCLAIMER: As a public forum, the content posted by me is intended as guidance in relation to your rights and responsibilities. It does not constitute legal advice or create any kind of special or other relationship. If you follow guidance, advice or other information I publish then you do so at your own risk and cost, and I cannot accept any liability. You should always seek independent legal advice by going to Law Society's Find A Solicitor or contact your local Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Default Re: Applying to set aside a CCJ - Supporting Docs

@Diana M @Amethyst might be able to help

However just a letter from his ex along the lines of

Re Mr xxxxxx
    I can confirm that I was married/in a relationship/ etc with Mr xxxx who lived at this property until xxxxxx
    We separated/divorced/whatever in xxxx and he moved out
    Due to illness I did not forward any letters addressed to Mr xxxx received at this house and did not return them to sender

Yours

That is just a suggestion, maybe Amethyst or Di could help more

You do need to make sure that what is written is true and accurate but maybe there is no need to be too truthful if you know what I mean-
    If she threw the letters in the bin because they were not speaking at that time then put that, I know my ex would go weeks without speaking to me and god alone knows what letters turned up