• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination

Hi there,

I'm looking to voluntarily terminate my vehicle finance, but have a question if anyone can help.

In the terms & conditions it says:

"Your right to end this agreement
    You may end this agreement by taking the steps set out in the notice 'Termination; Your Rights' shown in the agreement. You must then (at your own expense) return the Vehicle to us together with the registration document, tax disc and MOT certificate. You must also pay to us any further amount mentioned in the notice."

Am I right in thinking that returning the vehicle shouldn't be 'at my own expense' as mentioned above.

Should I mention this point when sending the letter to them to terminate? Something along the lines of: "In clause 9 you state that I have to return the car 'at my own expense', however as the the Consumer Credit Act 1974 explicitly states that, my liability under the agreement is limited to half the total amount payable and any terms under the agreement which imposes additional liability directly or indirectly is strictly prohibited by the Act. As such you will need to collect the vehicle within 14 days, as stated above."

Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X