• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter of Claim from bwlegal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter of Claim from bwlegal

Hi
    Thank you for add !! Will try and keep it short never done anything like this before so hope it in right place sorry if not
    Lowell bought my Capital one account debt for £1512.00 quite awhile back and chased off and on in Dec 2016 they wrote offering 40% off debt (wrote twice in Jan 17 with same offer)
    On the 13 April 17 I revived 2 letters in one letter First one off Lowell saying debt sent to bwlegal and other letter off bwlegal
    The bwlegal letter is a letter of claim telling me they have been instructed to issue a claim in court if I don't responded by the 24 april they will issue a claim

It goes on to list what it will cost and that if I don't responded a CCJ will be issued and fail to comply they list all that they can do to me
    I panicked and phoned bwlegal they told me last payment was Dec 2012 for £1.00
    Told them I cant pay I am my son's full time carer (he is disabled) I have £107 per week to live on don't own anything don't have any savings live in rent accommodation
    They have put 30 day hold an account (until 13 may ) for me to go to Citizens Advice What can I do and what can they do worried sick Thank you for reading
    Tags: None

Re: Letter of Claim from bwlegal

First you're in the right place!! This £1 payment do you recall doing it? were you in any sort of payment plan set up through a company? Might you have sent a CCA request with the standard £1 fee? < Answer with all 3 as No! = Next step.

I'm not quite sure now if your call to bw may have acknowledged the debt.. Personally I don't think it has but the big hitters of the forum will be around soon and better advise on that...

Forgetting the £1 payment they claim for a second, when was the last payment you know off and when was the account opened ? if you can give as much detail of the account then the good folk here will be better placed to help you

Take a look here >> http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...it-Court-Claim

But one major move is to get the CCA request to Lowell asap.. £1 postal order goes with it and clearly marked "for statutory purpose only"

Comment

@Diana M

Comment

CCA Request

Comment

Do not ring these fleecers - any response in writing

- - - Updated - - -

bwlegal ? - wonder why they (Lowells) are not chasing themselves and offering discounts,

Comment

Hi Thank you for replying
            No I haven't sent a CCA (yet) will do that first think Tuesday (due to post over Easter hols)
            I was in some sort of payment plan up to roundabout Dec 2012 (£1.00 per month ) A place called Speak Easy was dealing with it But Lowell kept chasing and threatening court so they told me to stop paying and wait for court papers
            Think last payment would be around Dec 2012
            Account opened on 18/10/2001 (think I defaulted around 2009/ 2010) That is about all I know about account

Comment

see what others suggest

Comment

Lowell sent 3 letters from Dec 2016 to end of Jan 2017 offering 40% I ignored as could not even afford discount price Then this letter appeared yesterday off bw legal threatening court CCJ bailiffs etc if I ignored the letter So frightened I phoned bwlegal they put account on 30day hold and are getting in touch with Lowell to tell them I full time carer for my disabled son and live in rented accommodation Will do CCA asap bwlegal did ask if I been in touch with national debt helpline I have a few years ago and they cant help as £107 per week to live on doesn't leave anything spare Told them cant get have what I haven't got

Comment

look understandable you are stressed but hold on the people I have requested to look in will be here soon? strange they have not actioned proper court proceeding themselves and are trying to frighten you hoping you cave in. the amount if charges is ridiculous and shows the dirty debt collection tactics.

- - - Updated - - -

do you live in england or scotland?

Comment

Thank you for your help
                    I am not so stressed know I have spoken to someone and looking on here realised I am not the only one !!!
                    I live in Wales

Comment

Originally posted by catrin2468 View Post
                      Thank you for your help
                      I am not so stressed know I have spoken to someone and looking on here realised I am not the only one !!!
                      I live in Wales
                      OK just that statute of limitation , 6 years england/wales and 5 years in scotland just that it may be near statute time just a thought!

Comment

[MENTION=1937]nemisis[/MENTION]45

Comment

Off to post office as soon as they open £1.00 postal order to get (over written for statutory fee only ) then send that together with CCA to Lowell to be sent recorded delivery and will also send a copy of letter to bw legal again recorded delivery Do I need to do anything else ??? Thank you for your help MIKE770

Comment

statuary fee on reverse of postal order also Recorded Delivery receipts attach to your copy letters.

Comment

All the above done and both letters gone Suppose it is just a waiting game now then original account was taken out in 2001 Thank you for the advice MIKE770 will be back on to update as and when anything arrives

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X