• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Section 144a Road Traffic Act 1988

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 144a Road Traffic Act 1988

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me regarding a letter I received today regarding my car being left on the road whilst not insured.

I sorn'd my car off the road in mid-February last year (2016) and left the UK to spend time with my dying grandad abroad. My trip was meant to be for 3 months but has now been 13 months and I'm still not back yet.

Today my brother sends me some pictures via whatsapp and apparently I've been summoned to court for basically having a car on the road without no insurance. However, my car has been on my drive since Feb 2016 and I did sorn it off the road. I don't have any proof because I didn't send it by recorded delivery. I've done this before and had no problems before with DVLA. They've always received any correspondence sent. I'm now assuming they didn't receive my instruction and now I have to go to court. What a bugger!

I don't know what to do because I have a clean license and am a law abiding citizen. I'm unsure of whether they will give me points on my license or a fine, or even both. What should I do? What should I expect from the magistrate? Should I call for a lawyer to help me fight this case but then again I have no evidence in my defence.

I hope you guys can help.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X