• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ME IV Limited Court Claim Form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ME IV Limited Court Claim Form

Hi all.. been a lurker for a few weeks trying to get my head round all the legal jargon (still trying). Decided to finally register in hope of some help.

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 10th April 2017
    Amount approx: £1268
    Claimant: ME IV LIMITED
    Solicitor: RESTONS
    Original Creditor: EE
    Particulars of Claim: The claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the defendant(s) under a contract between the defendant(s) and Everything Everywhere. Dated on or about February 14th 2011 and assigned to the claimant on Aug 26th 2016.
    Is the debt Statute Barred? No?
    List any letters you have sent: None as of yet (help!)
    Any Other Info: Acknowledged via MCOL

Long story cut short ~ myself and wife had 2 lines from EE on my name, we split and I couldn't afford the bill. Defaulted payment and now I have received a received a court claim.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I started filling out the CPR 31.14 form but to be honest I got a little confused. As mentioned any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: ME IV Limited Court Claim Form

Hi BobFish

If it were me, I'd ask for
    A copy of the contract, c/w the relevant terms & conditions
    The Notice of Assignment
    The Deed of Assignment
    A detailed breakdown of alleged sums owed.

Claimants name on letter, but sent via Restons.
    Keep a copy & get proof of posting.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi charity, thanks for the reply. Asking for that list of things.. Would it be done with a formal letter?

Comment

Originally posted by BobFish View Post
        Hi charity, thanks for the reply. Asking for that list of things.. Would it be done with a formal letter?
        You could adapt the forum template - see top of this thread (green box)
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

HI guys apologies for the delay (busy with long work days and 2 small children). Basically.. I sent the CPR 31.14 off on Tuesday 18th (due to Easter weekend). From reading similar situations I shouldn't await reply and fire off a second letter which is?

Bearing in mind this is for a mobile phone contract. Many thanks for your help so far

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X