• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel Parking CCJ...set aside advice!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel Parking CCJ...set aside advice!

Hi all,

First off I'll apologise if what I'm about to say has already been covered somewhere here, I've done quite a bit of reading around it but am looking for some clarification/advice on certain issues if that's ok!

In short (alright maybe not that short), my situation is similar to many others on this forum in that a CCJ has been ruled against me without my knowledge, with all correspondence sent to a previous address. I believe this is because I had not updated my vehicle logbook with my new address. The judgement was entered on the 6th March and the claimant is Excel Parking, who claim to have issued 4 PCN's against me: as of now I am awaiting their response on the precise location(s) and dates of these (although I know the months).

The main problem I am facing is that having read everywhere that promptness is everything in these sorts of matters, I am unsure how to proceed; due to not having full information on the charges themselves, I can't see how I could possibly prove any likelihood of a successful defence. I think I have a good idea of the location, and also that my wife was the driver in all cases. She believes that she at no point contravened the car park regulations.

What I am essentially trying to figure out is:
    1. is it at all likely that I can push for a set-aside order without any information on the charges themselves, or should I wait for Excel to respond - their automatic response mentions a 28-day timeframe which seems a little long to sit about twiddling my many thumbs
    2. am i better off offering asking Excel for set aside consent and settling the amount with them (which obviously feels somewhat horrendous due to not knowing what I'm paying for)
    3. how difficult does it tend to be to defend these sorts of charges when it's more than likely i won't be able to drum up any evidence on my part to show that no contraventions took place

Any advice whatsoever would be greatly appreciated...I've seen some really good stuff on this forum so hoping you guys can help! Cheers
    Tags: None

Re: Excel Parking CCJ...set aside advice!

sorry to bump, very poor etiquette I know but getting agitated over here with set aside time limits and all...any thoughts, anyone??

Comment

Re: Excel Parking CCJ...set aside advice!

Sorry been awol and also seem to have missed you.

1. You can push ahead.

2. Consent yes, settling is your call and without details of the case i'd be inclined not to.

3. How long is a piece of string. Without details it's impossible to answer. If keeper liability is in play chances of winning are great. If a lease is in play, same.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X