• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

judge transferred case to wrong court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• judge transferred case to wrong court

Hi me again!

So I had a copyright claim against a company last year which was transferred into my local county court on the small claims track. The judge ruled he couldnt hear the case as he knew nothing about copyright. It took him several months but he transferred it to IPEC (intellectual property court) in London instead of IPEC small claims

Now the problem is he didnt transfer it into the small claims part of IPEC , he wrongly transferred it into the main court and I am now facing costs of £10,000 against me instead of £120 maximum from small claims

I have only just become aware of whats going on regarding the notice of transfer although it has been withIPEC for about 5 months now

is it too late to challenge the county courts trasnfer to the wrong track?
    Tags: None

Re: judge transferred case to wrong court

Copyright claims should be started in IPEC, and the forms need to be clearly marked "Small claims"

You could try writing to he court currently dealing with the claim (multi track?) and request transfer back to small claims.
    However where cases are transferred from one track to another, the costs rules applicable to the originaltrack will apply up to the date of re-allocation and the costs rules on the new track will apply fromthe date of re-allocation onwards

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X