• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Looking for information on the CCJ process.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for information on the CCJ process.

Hi,

I've posted this in the Money & Debt forum now.

Hopefully someone will be able to help. I'm in my 40s
    and this stuff just doesn't get any simpler.

M

I have a CCJ recorded at an old address. I've just discovered it. It's from around
    2 years ago, after a dispute with an estate agent (who failed to sell my house in
    Bolton, no sale, no fee).

I'd engaged the estate agents when I was renting in Manchester, this is the address
    recorded against the CCJ.

Whilst the Bolton house was on the market, my lease ran out at the Manchester
    house so I moved back into the one in Bolton as it was still unsold.

I cannot remember receiving any court documents to the house in Bolton.

My question is:

Because the Manchester address is recorded on the CCJ, is that where the court
    documents were sent?

Any info gratefully received. Thank you.

M
    Tags: None

Re: Looking for information on the CCJ process.

I can't say for certain but in all probability yes.

If the the estate agent knew you had moved back to Bolton then that may be grounds to apply for a set aside however if I remember correctly when I sold a house, even though it was no sale no fee there were clauses in the agreement that required me to give them certain notice if I was taking it off the market.

Comment

Thanks Warwick65,

the sale of the house got messy, and the agents knew I'd moved back into the property. I'm was just hoping for a definitive answer that the documents would have gone to the Manchester address as that is where the CCJ is recorded.

If that's the case then I could/should be able to get the CCj set aside.

M

Comment

Trust Online should have details of any CCJ's & the court involved .
        You can contact the relevant court for further info.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by MarshallM View Post
          Thanks Warwick65,

the sale of the house got messy, and the agents knew I'd moved back into the property. I'm was just hoping for a definitive answer that the documents would have gone to the Manchester address as that is where the CCJ is recorded.

If that's the case then I could/should be able to get the CCj set aside.

M
          If the court papers went to the wrong address AND the claimants knew it was the wrong address AND you have a prospect of winning a defence you could get it set aside

Of course the CCJ is now two years old and will vanish of your credit file in 4 years, if you have it set aside and then lose, you will have it for a further 6 years

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X