• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP Need some major Legal advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP Need some major Legal advice

Originally posted by Rosie10 View Post
    No, all I have is the Reserve price in the column under Estimate is MIN.
    Check it again- page 7 and 8 of the PDF there is a column headed estimates showing the minimum and maximum value expected to be achieved at auction

Comment

Warwick65 please do not make comments when you have no idea what has been happening and how let down I feel. I am not worried about the free advice, I want to pay Joanne to take on this matter.

Di I am disappointed, yes there has been problems with the phones but I wish you could have let me know what was happening.

Joanne sorry I did not scan the paperwork, my friend did it all. I cannot find anything showing minimum and maximum values.

Comment

Di, the problem with the phones has not changed, I tried to ring you yesterday. I left a message on your old number.

Comment

Having reviewed all the documentation sadly there is a difference from claiming on an insurance policy for what it would cost to replace the item at today's value (make a new one ) and asking a court to consider your actual loss and unfortunately second hand jewellry depreciates not appreciates.

In this case the auction house gave you an estimated value of what the rings would reach at auction which presumably at the time you accepted. This is the value that I think the court would take as being your actual loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie10 View Post
            Warwick65 please do not make comments when you have no idea what has been happening and how let down I feel. I am not worried about the free advice, I want to pay Joanne to take on this matter.

Di I am disappointed, yes there has been problems with the phones but I wish you could have let me know what was happening.

Joanne sorry I did not scan the paperwork, my friend did it all. I cannot find anything showing minimum and maximum values.
            Rosie
            As I have posted above i am sorry if I was harsh- I have edited out the bits i think were a tad rude.
            In my defence i have seen too many people post and then wonder why they haven't got an answer within 5 minutes

Comment

Warwick65 that was really nice of you to come back. Yes I must have come across as being inpatient, but honestly I am at the end of my tether with this matter, just want to get paperwork into the court.

Comment

No problem

It seems that Joanna can not give you the answer you really wanted which is a crying shame but better to know now than wasting money

Comment

Originally posted by Joanna C View Post
                  Having reviewed all the documentation sadly there is a difference from claiming on an insurance policy for what it would cost to replace the item at today's value (make a new one ) and asking a court to consider your actual loss and unfortunately second hand jewellry depreciates not appreciates.

In this case the auction house gave you an estimated value of what the rings would reach at auction which presumably at the time you accepted. This is the value that I think the court would take as being your actual loss.
                  As the items failed to sell at auction, would the court not agree that Rosie's loss is the reserve price she placed on the items, as this was the minimum she was prepared to accept?
                  I believe (but haven't checked back ) this was the amount offered by the auction house, which was in accordance with the T&Cs

Comment

I think she would probably be awarded the estimated value of the jewellery the auction house placed on it and she agreed with. The reserve price is only a 'do not sell below' price - not the actual value.

For example a car may be valued at £6,000 but for a quick sale you sell it for £5,200. If the car was stolen instead the value would still be £6,000.

Comment

• Re: HELP Need some major Legal advice

Thanks for all advice everyone.

Joanne, on the paperwork i scanned over to you does it state the estimated value of my jewellery? I am so confused I don't remember what I agreed too and cannot find any paperwork that is making things any clearer. After reading your reply to des8 I am getting more confused. If you could please explain where I can find this info or just tell me the figure i would be very grateful. Then hopefully this matter can be closed for everybody.

Comment

Sorry I have gone through the PDF sent to you and pages 7 and 8 are part of the police crime report, do you think the papers have been sent in a different order to what I have?

Comment

Thank you everyone for your advice. This case is now closed.

Comment

Glad you have it sorted

Comment

Sounds like great news (I hope)
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

To your satisfaction I hope.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X