• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global/Restons Solicitors - County Court Claim send to deceased person

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arrow Global/Restons Solicitors - County Court Claim send to deceased person

Thank you, so everything has been sent recorded to Arrow, Restons and the Court as per your advice, Diana. What would next steps be now if I don't hear from them please, would the case just proceed anyway? Do I need to take the initiative in contacting them in finding out their next move?

Comment

Re: Arrow Global/Restons Solicitors - County Court Claim send to deceased person

Arrow have responded saying they have noted this information on their system, but no mention of instructing the solicitors to cancel the claim...

Comment

Originally posted by Inheritthewind View Post
        Arrow have responded saying they have noted this information on their system, but no mention of instructing the solicitors to cancel the claim...
        Maybe send a copy of that letter to Restons with a covering letter saying that their client acknowledges the Defendant is deceased so you invite them to a Discontinue the claim.

Then write back to Arrow thanking them for their letter acknowledging that your Father-in-Law is deceased and ask them to instruct their solicitors to therefore Discontinue the claim. Enclose a copy of your letter to Restons with your letter to Arrow.

I know that's a lot of letter writing but you want this knocked on the head as soon as possible so it's a chore worth doing.

Alternatively if it does 'go legal' you will have laid a solid paper trail.

Has the deadline for filing the AOS passed?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Inheritthewind View Post
          Just checking whether a s.78 CCA Request was sent to Arrow with copy to Restons as I previously suggested?

Di

Comment

Hi Diana, thanks for your reply.

-Maybe send a copy of that letter to Restons with a covering letter saying that their client acknowledges the Defendant is deceased so you invite them to a Discontinue the claim.
            Then write back to Arrow thanking them for their letter acknowledging that your Father-in-Law is deceased and ask them to instruct their solicitors to therefore Discontinue the claim. Enclose a copy of your letter to Restons with your letter to Arrow
            Thanks, I’ll do that

-Has the deadline for filing the AOS passed?
            The Form was issued on 5th April and I believe there’s 28 days to send the AOS, so I think there’s still time to return that. I’ve only sent the Defence so far.

-Just checking whether a s.78 CCA Request was sent to Arrow with copy to Restons as I previously suggested?

Not in my first round of correspondence as yet, I was hoping I wouldn’t need to do that as I was hoping they’d discontinue the claim first

Comment

If you've filed a Defence that will have been sent to Restons by the court who will give them 28 days to inform the court if they intend to continue with the proceedings or the claim will be stayed.

You want it Discontinued not stayed so let's see how they respond to your follow-up letters.

I would still send a CCA Request to add fuel to the fire if I were you even if the Defence was based on the fact that the Defendant is deceased.

This is a surreal situation in which you find yourself.

Di
              Last edited by Diana M; 23rd April 2017, 20:29:PM. Reason: corrected my bad grammar

Comment

CCA Request send Recorded delivery £1.00 Postal Order,

Comment

Thanks again for the continued advice, it's very much appreciated.

Just a quick question about the CCA Request; should this go to Arrow or Restons, or both?

Comment

It should go to Arrow ( but I would send a copy to Restons)

I am not up to speed on what arrow are doing at the moment but they used to write back saying they weren't the creditor

If they do that come back and the we can sort that out then

I think it is S189 CCA and the case law is Jones v Link but don't quote me on that

I have been on the wagon for a week and have fallen off (deliberately) tonight hic

Comment

Thanks. We've not heard anything back from Arrow or Restons as yet. I've signed in to the MoneyClaim website and looked this up, and even though I've sent all this correspondence to the various parties, it doesn't seem to have registered on the website at least that we have made a Defence. Is it worth me registering this online as well do you think?

Comment

Hi, we've had a letter from Phillips & Cohen Associates UK Ltd., advising Arrow Global Limited have asked them to manage this account. They've asked for somebody to contact them to provide details regarding the Estate or to advise if there was no Estate.
                        We've had nothing back on the CCA Request.
                        I was thinking of writing to them and advising we have had no response from Arrow to our CCA request, would this be a good idea? Any other suggestions please?
                        Thanks again.

Comment

Hi
                          So it looks as if they have realised there is no point in continuing with the claim - although just my thought

I would be a little more circumspect and maybe say you are still evaluating the position. You might want to add you do not think there are any funds available I wouldn't want to give them an idea they may be getting something
                          [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                            Hi
                            So it looks as if they have realised there is no point in continuing with the claim - although just my thought

I would be a little more circumspect and maybe say you are still evaluating the position. You might want to add you do not think there are any funds available I wouldn't want to give them an idea they may be getting something
                            @Diana M
                            Just a thought, send a letter advising change of addrees for your Father in Law, mentioning heaven or hell as new address.

Comment

Originally posted by spirit2534 View Post
                              Just a thought, send a letter advising change of addrees for your Father in Law, mentioning heaven or hell as new address.
                              care of St. Peter @ The Pearly Gates & ask them if they know a known cure for Leeeches

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X