Thread: Lowell portfolio county court claim on statute barred debt

• Display
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Lowell portfolio county court claim on statute barred debt

Hello i've received a county court claim for a debt with vanquis credit card that i have not paid any money to since 2009 , for the amount of £726. , i was made disabled by a bad accident around the same time and could not work , since 2009 i have various dca's who were pursuing me for this debt but i have never responded to them ,Lowell portfolio bought the debt on the 11/07/2012 and have also been sending me letter's etc., i ignored them as i knew that the debt was now statute barred as my son had informed me of the law. Then just two days ago i was shocked to receive a county court claim , i have been on the moneyclaim website and registered like it says on your guidelines and signed up for another 28 days , i have clicked the box for the one that says i dispute all of the claim and now i hoping someone will tell me what i have to do to defend my position.
    Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Default Re: Lowell portfolio county court claim on statute barred debt

Hi Tony get a CCA request sent asap to the claimant Lowell's with£1 postal order signed "for statutory purpose only" <back and front> and CPR request to their solicitors no fee for cpr, it's a long waiting game this now so take a look at other defences as that will come around 33 days from the date on the claim form..

Take a look in the green boxes at the top of the page and they're you stages ...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the information . i thought that because the debt is statute barred ,i just had to send letters stating it was statute barred and politely tell them to p#ss off.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

we all wish!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Hi Tony

Now a court claim has been started you need to follow the process even though it is a pain.
    So as advised send a cca request to Lowell's with the fee and a CPR31.14 request to the solicitors asking for documents that are mentioned in the particulars of claim, usually an agreement, a notice of assignment , a default notice.

It might help if you could just type out the particulars of claim on the forum so we can check.

Whatever happens you must put your defence in by the due date which is 33 days after the date on the claim form

Depending on what comes back I would be covering as many bases as I could so SB, maybe non compliance with a CCA request, maybe a defective DN - who knows.

I would also think about sending a SAR to Vanquis, cost £10 but it will get you all the records they have - might show up some late payment that you had forgotten about or something equally interesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all the information , i've sent the required letters of to Lowells and their lawyers ,so just waiting for the replies , i wonder what they'll be ? i'm hoping for a £50 Marks and spencer gift voucher

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Hopefully s pile of rubbish.

The SAR to cap 1 still needs thinking about