• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell portfolio county court claim on statute barred debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell portfolio county court claim on statute barred debt

It might be an idea to also send to Lowells by land mail (with proof of posting).
    Service by email may be problematic.

Service by fax or other electronic means

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...pd_part06a#4.1
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Did you check the hearing date letter and did it ask for witness statements ? Well done for getting it done though even if not ordered it's a good idea as it cements and clarifies your defence and shows court the claimant has still not bothered with documents

And - yes you need to send a copy to the claimant too - on paper ( just to be sure )
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

hi amethyst ,the hearing form didn't specifically ask for a witness statement , it was just noted in the small print that if you did want to make WS that it had to be in at least 14 days before the hearing ,do you know if the courts are very strict about the fouteen days , as i rushed it a bit as i was panicking about the 14 days , i could have done a better job of it really , but according to the court rules, lowells are out of time now to send any statements to the court, or is it a different rule for them ? they have not sent me one bit of evidence and according to how i understand all this they can't just spring something on me in court can they ? they've had since the 10th april this year to come up with something, but they haven't ,so i'm hopeful that they will discontinue the case , judging by other case's i've read about on here they can leave it till a few days or even the day before the hearing to discontinue the case, i would guess so they can get the maximum amount of fear out of you and if it wasn't for the laws we have here now, they'd be beating it out of people .

Comment

Hi
          If it were me and they try to introduce a WS late in the day I would ask the judge to disallow it because it wasn't served in time - particularly if they are very late in serving it (or do it on the day)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X