• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bristow & Sutor playing games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bristow & Sutor playing games

OK, let's deal with the AoE first, they can only run 2 at a time together but when 1 is paid off they can then again apply for another. Have you checked to see that the correct sums are being taken each time & have you also asked the Council to see how much has been paid over to them.

The rates for AoE can be seen @ http://www.northampton.gov.uk/info/2...nt-of-earnings each Council operates similarly. Note well what it says about getting the order stopped. Sorry, also meant to say that the rates at which the 2nd Order is taken will be different from the first & usually will be lower.

Comment

The 2nd AOE will be taken on the residual amount after the 1st order is deducted so to figure it you need to calculate your income and use the link above to check how much the 1st order is. Once you have done that you deduct the amount of the 1st order from your calculated income and use that reduced income to calculate the 2nd AOE amount.

The big issue with an AOE is that the only people with the power to stop it are the council and/or any agent they provide the powers with to operate AOE's on their behalf. It would be worth contacting the council and asking they cease one of the attachments so that you can put the monies towards the current year to try and prevent any default on the ongoing (I regularly used to do that as I knew it could be re-issued if the need arose). Ultimately though B&S are agent of the council so the council can instruct them to take or cease any action (and are responsible for any actions taken by their agents).

I've dealt with council tax advisors before when I was working for a local authority and the offers made were either very poor, so prejudicial to the client themselves that I used to contact the client direct to discuss or so incomplete that the offer could not be dealt (requests for further information often went unanswered).

Craig

Comment

Hi. Just to be clear, we already had two Attachment of Earnings in place for the first two debts owed. We were then sent the letter for this years council tax so called B&S to see what we could do. BIG MISTAKE! They offered us a new payment plan that meant the two previous AoEs would be cancelled by them and a new total would be payable per month that would cover all three debts. They said they would cancel the AoEs but for the first month they didn't because it was too late for my payroll to cancel so they said the agreement would start then next month and they said the AoEs would be cancelled in time for the next payday the following month. Only one was cancelled and after calling them we were told that they'd just recalculate the next month's total. They told us the both AoEs would be cancelled in time for the third month. Again some money was taken from my pay but not all. We called them and they said we had defaulted on the agreement and that they now wanted £600 immediately or they'd send a bailiff out to take control of goods. Despite them not keeping to their end of the deal we said that we were more than willing to resume the agreed plan that THEY offered us but they were having none of it and now we are where we are now. The are unwilling to accept any offers we made so we decided to get help and that is when we contact CTA. They managed to put B&S off for 28 days but informed us that any offer of less than £250 would likely be refused by the council. The frustrating part is that if we hadn't agreed to their offer back in January and carried on with the AoEs we would have cleared the first two debts by now. We'd be paying this year's council tax and would be free of arrears. We feel B&S have played us. The AoEs were not in their best interest so they made us an offer to cover all three debts and then made it difficult for us so they can say we defaulted so they can add charges. Maybe I'm being paranoid??

Sorry for any confusion my poor explanations may cause. I have no idea what I am doing. Please ask if you need anything clarifying. I'll do my best to do so.

Thanks for all the help so far. I really do appreciate it.

Michelle.
        Last edited by Michelle1980; 30th April 2017, 14:53:PM. Reason: Added information

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle1980 View Post
          Hi. Just to be clear, we already had two Attachment of Earnings in place for the first two debts owed. We were then sent the letter for this years council tax so called B&S to see what we could do. BIG MISTAKE! They offered us a new payment plan that meant the two previous AoEs would be cancelled by them and a new total would be payable per month that would cover all three debts. They said they would cancel the AoEs but for the first month they didn't because it was too late for my payroll to cancel so they said the agreement would start then next month and they said the AoEs would be cancelled in time for the next payday the following month. Only one was cancelled and after calling them we were told that they'd just recalculate the next month's total. They told us the both AoEs would be cancelled in time for the third month. Again some money was taken from my pay but not all. We called them and they said we had defaulted on the agreement and that they now wanted £600 immediately or they'd send a bailiff out to take control of goods. Despite them not keeping to their end of the deal we said that we were more than willing to resume the agreed plan that THEY offered us but they were having none of it and now we are where we are now. The are unwilling to accept any offers we made so we decided to get help and that is when we contact CTA. They managed to put B&S off for 28 days but informed us that any offer of less than £250 would likely be refused by the council. The frustrating part is that if we hadn't agreed to their offer back in January and carried on with the AoEs we would have cleared the first two debts by now. We'd be paying this year's council tax and would be free of arrears. We feel B&S have played us. The AoEs were not in their best interest so they made us an offer to cover all three debts and then made it difficult for us so they can say we defaulted so they can add charges. Maybe I'm being paranoid??

Sorry for any confusion my poor explanations may cause. I have no idea what I am doing. Please ask if you need anything clarifying. I'll do my best to do so.

Thanks for all the help so far. I really do appreciate it.

Michelle.
          The only real way to proceed now is contact the council and explain the situation - if you don't agree with their response then a formal complaint would be needed. If that doesn't work then the Local Government Ombudsman would be the next step.

Craig

Comment

Very interesting post! Is this still relevant? I also love games of various genres. It's always a good way to have fun. It is often very boring in quarantine now, so I started playing computer games, and one of them was about apps that pay you to play games. This is a real find! How about you not only relax, but also earn yourself, for example, a bottle of wine? I'm a big fan of wine and games that help me earn money. I think you should pay attention to them, too. Wish you a good luck bro! You can write me about your results
            Last edited by duremars; 6th December 2020, 17:23:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X