• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CEL in behalf of Ibis Luton car park, Ccj in default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CEL in behalf of Ibis Luton car park, Ccj in default

Hello! I am new to this forum and if you could pls help eith a legal advice.
    23 of February 2017 a CCJ has been issued on my name by Northampton County Court. Apparently I was using IBIS car park earlier in 2016 and CEL have sent me letters to which I have probabily ignored completly. They decided to take me to court but I do not remember getting any POC before the CCJ so I have not any chance to defend myself. Apparently Ibis have a contract with a firm who was trying to contact me and send the case to CEL after. I have changed my number plates after the date of the Pcn but I guess it does not make any difference since my current adress was the same from the beggining. Now the last day, the 28th after the date of the CCJ being issued was trying to contact CEL to ask for details of the contravention and even considering to pay the 348£ just to avoid my name getting into the registry but CEL were nowhere to find. Even dropped them a voicemessage but never replied. Now since my name is there even if I will pay it will be marked as satisfied because of them. My point is , do I stand a chance for a set aside, if yes based on what grounds?
    Tags: None

Re: CEL in behalf of Ibis Luton car park, Ccj in default

If you are unsure if the claim form actually reached you then phone the court and ask what address the claim form was served at.

Failing that, i wouldn't fancy your chances if you just ignored the court process. (not to say impossible but very difficult)

M1

Comment

They served the form to my adress apparently but I do not recall any correspondance from Court but probabily cannot prove that I have not recieved the letter. Is there any ground to appeal?

- - - Updated - - -

Thing is I have never dealed with Court so probabily seen the CEL name on letter I might have bin it like I did with previous ones fron them

Comment

They served the form to my adress apparently but I do not recall any correspondance from Court but probabily cannot prove that I have not recieved the letter. Is there any ground to appeal?
        Proving a negative is always very difficult. It's much harder when you tell people you may have binned it.

You can try. Not sure i like your chances of a straight up set aside.

The best chance may be to see if the claimant will agree to a set aside on the understanding you will pay in full once completed. It will still cost you at least another £100 for an application but if it works clears your credit file for the ccj.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X