• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Link Financial Outsourcing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Financial Outsourcing

Hi
    My Husband received a letter this morning from Link Financial saying that Ford Credit have sold the debt we owe on to them. We are two payments behind and have continually paid from taking the agreement out. They are demanding full settlement which is impossible for us to do. We have also paid more than a third of the HP so this means that they can't take the car from us?!? I'm in a bit of a panic as I'm not sure what our rights are! Is it as simple as phoning them and paying them our monthly instalments with additional payments to pay the debt! Any advice would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Link Financial Outsourcing

Hello,

It might help if you are able to upload a copy of the letter from Link Financial, personal information redacted so that we can see what they are saying.

Did you receive a default notice from Ford to repay the arrears within a certain period of time? You said that you continually paid from the beginning, but you also say you were two payments behind, which is it?

No they can't come and take your car away if you have paid 1/3 already but they can get a court order for you to return it.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi
      We are 2 payments behind and we then continued to pay back our monthly rate. We proposed paying back 100 a month and the company dealing with it at the time sent us out an expenditure form that we completed and sent back to them. The next time we heard anything was the default notice. The company Anglian obviously didn't pass this info on! We are 599 behind. I'm also trying to attach letter. Thanks

Comment

Letter attached
        Attached Files

Comment

Just going back to basics, can you answer a few questions:

1. The agreement was between you and Ford Credit yes?

2. Where does this company Anglian come into all of this? Were they debt collectors acting on behalf of Ford chasing the outstanding balance?

3. If you offered to Anglian to pay back £100 per month and didn't hear back from Anglian, why didn't you follow it up? Did you contact Ford at any time and offer to repay this back?

4. Did you receive any correspondence from Anglian or Ford about the missing payments? The letter you have uploaded is not the default notice but notice of assignment.

5. Ford could assign the agreement to a debt purchaser but before the agreement can be terminated, you should have received a default notice letter (usually headed default notice under the CCA 1974 or words to that effect). Did you receive this from Ford at all or Link Financial?

6. How much is the total amount payable under the agreement, is the £14k stated correct or is it wrong?
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
            Just going back to basics, can you answer a few questions:

1. The agreement was between you and Ford Credit yes? Yes

2. Where does this company Anglian come into all of this? Were they debt collectors acting on behalf of Ford chasing the outstanding balance? They were debt collectors looking for the 599.

3. If you offered to Anglian to pay back £100 per month and didn't hear back from Anglian, why didn't you follow it up? Did you contact Ford at any time and offer to repay this back? Wasn't followed up because husband didn't have the time to call and yes we contacted ford but couldn't get an answer. Anglian were contacting ford on our behalf. We had various phone calls and returned all paperwork and assumed they were acting on our behalf.

4. Did you receive any correspondence from Anglian or Ford about the missing payments? The letter you have uploaded is not the default notice but notice of assignment. Yes. Ford sent out the default notice 2 weeks ago.

5. Ford could assign the agreement to a debt purchaser but before the agreement can be terminated, you should have received a default notice letter (usually headed default notice under the CCA 1974 or words to that effect). Did you receive this from Ford at all or Link Financial? From ford.

6. How much is the total amount payable under the agreement, is the £14k stated correct or is it wrong?
            Correct

Comment

Hi
              Do you have any further advice? I have answered the questions within your post.
              Thanks

Comment

Hello,

The issue you have is that you have failed to make the payment, despite Anglian not doing anything, you then received a default notice and should have at that point contacted Ford and tried to negotiate the repayment.

If you want to hold onto the car and assuming Link Financial have not issued a claim you could make an application to the Court for what is known as a Time Order. A Time Order allows the court discretion to give you an extension of time to repay the sums outstanding and providing that you stick to the repayments, you will not get a CCJ. It may also be possible that you can incorporate into the Order that you can continue to using the car despite the agreement having been terminated.

I'm not up to date on Time Orders but perhaps [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] may be able to assist?
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X