• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Employee blacklist - would it work?

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Employee blacklist - would it work?

This would be utterly useless unless all dismissals for dishonesty were recorded by all organisations.

Furthermore it is immoral (possibly unlawful) if it records dismissals "for dishonesty, theft or fraud" where no conviction has occurred. It amounts to an accusation of criminal behaviour where there is no conviction or even charge to back this up.

If there is ever to be such a register, then it should (a) be mandatory, and (b) only EVER record convictions, and (c) only be appended to by Criminal Courts. You can't say "I sacked him because he stole from me" where there is no proof in a criminal Court that he did so. The very worst you can say is "I sacked him because I suspected that he may have stolen from me" - and even then the doors are open to an unfair dismissal tribunal.

Tom
    I will not provide support by Private Message under any circumstances. This is for your protection and mine. Any advice I give is my own opinion and carries no legal weight. Check it before you use it!
    Over £1200 claimed in several actions against several organisations.

Comment

It wont work

"The system is open to abuse with limited right of appeal against the false recording of information. "

Comment

Don't think it would work. And would surely be against the data protection Act?
        Is no longer here

Comment

it would be unlawful. Libel, Data protection and the tort of breach of confidence would all be engaged unless there was a conviction in a court of law.

Comment

What a horrible concept....the perfect system for vengeance from a disgruntled ex employer.

If a company is defrauded or stolen from, they should involve the police.

If they choose not to involve the police that suggests that there is a lot more going on....lack of proof, personal dislike etc etc

Why do most people leave jobs anyway? Dissatisfaction, personality clashes are often involved. This system would be very unfair if an employer can merely register a suspicion about someone.
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

and different companies have different rules for dismissal etc. I work in a bookies, part time, Manager, dep manager and 2 others have been sacked for gross misconduct (failure to secure keys). The keys had been left in the safe at another bookies on a few occasions due to the person locking up not being in next day and having no-one to hand keys to etc. This is a sacking offence, although they were acting on orders from the Manager. The Deputy manager has jsut got a job i as a DM in a rival bookies, who know all about why she was dismissed, cos failure to secure keys is not a sacking offence with them.

Its all a bout different peoples perceptions of things, and things are not always as they seem....
              Is no longer here

Comment

I reckon Lawyers would be rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect of the boom in business. I can just see all those 'injury lawyers' Ads being replaced by ' Have you been unfairly blacklisted ?'

No wonder there is a boom in students studying law these days !!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X