• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

11 liability orders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 11 liability orders

Originally posted by lgfa92 View Post
    No but the local authority has the power to withdraw a discount retrospectively if they feel the discount is incorrect for some reason.

They can't, the VTS decision is legally binding (LGO decision's aren't)

The magistrate cannot refuse a liability order unless there's a procedural error in issuing the notices - they cannot take in to account any personal circumstances (or discounts/exemptions/liability) when making the order.

Again, unless the application was flawed with regards to legislation then they cannot refuse the order.

There was nothing for the council to lose - a lot of the time it's simply because the council's court officer doesn't want to have to wait around for a slot in the court for the hearing. The courts generally give other cases priority and make council tax cases wait (I've known waits of several hours after the allotted time before the court heard the case).

Craig
    If they feel the discount is incorrect for some reason ? 13 years later still waiting for the reason , after so long guessing they didnt have one .
    So they feel and act without reason , sounds about right for those half wits .
    13 years is a long time , ive given them plenty time to reason , is about time they returned what is MINE by law .

Thanks for honest answers from thier perspective helps a lot .
    Council nothing to loose ? Apart from taxpayer money when I prove my council was malicious by default in applying those rules to my particular case .
    I know is lot of SPD fraud , but when your single and it happens to you , is bloody annoying to say the least .
    Serious stuff in the hands of half wits that become overwhelmed by thier own egos and think they can do what the heck they want .
    This a failure of decentralised government , halfwits with more power than they can handle .

Comment

Council nothing to loose ?
      They had nothing to lose in that whether they'd gone in to the hearing or not the order would still be granted.
      13 years is a long time , ive given them plenty time to reason , is about time they returned what is MINE by law .
      The local authority have a legal duty to award a discount only if they are happy that it applies - for some reason they are not then they will remove/refuse a discount, that is their decision to make. If you're unhappy with their decision then you have the legal redress via the valuation tribunal.

Last edited by lgfa92; 8th March 2019, 09:51:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lgfa92 View Post
        They had nothing to lose in that whether they'd gone in to the hearing or not the order would still be granted.

The local authority have a legal duty to award a discount only if they are happy that it applies - for some reason they are not then they will remove/refuse a discount, that is their decision to make. If you're unhappy with their decision then you have the legal redress via the valuation tribunal.

Craig
        Sorry I was referring to commital proceedings with the nothing to loose comment ,sorry im way past that stage now.
        So if a discount is mistakenly taken , and later returned without accusation what is the situation with the all the charges that might of been applied due to the mistake ?

VTS is not an option ive spoken to them regarding my particular situation . However off the record I was told that there is a chance the judge could dismiss the case at a commital hearing if I raised my concerns there.

My council in 13 years of refusing to pay , appear not to want to go down this route for some reason.
        8 years I did not pay a penny .
        Whats going on ? Any idea

What do I need to say , a statement to ensure I get a commital hearing .
        Im not paying it , does not seem.to work , seriously .
        Thanks Craig

Comment

Btw Craig , if my case did get dismissed , none here can make that call ,, however if that happened the taxpayer becomes the victims .
          Thats not what I wanted at all , I just wanted my account fixing .
          Mistakes on my CT account threw the whole of the account into a tailspin of mismanagement , and mis allocation .
          My first ever in my life liability order was due to a clawback., 7 days prior to a hearing for arrears the year after .
          13 years later the error still there however compounded many times over.
          Have 4 issues of my 03/04 liability dated 14/3/03 to 17/12/08
          Im sure you would spot it without me needing to say a word
          Last edited by Avalanche; 6th April 2017, 02:13:AM. Reason: Content spelling

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X