• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome finance

I have just chased Welcome Finance for miss sold PPI. They said they had 3 accounts for me, one was settled, one was with the FSCS and another was showing as active. These loans date back to pre 2006. The one that is showing as active is still with Welcome Finance. Now I've made contact with them will they begin to chase me to pay off this old debt and if they do what should I do? Because everything I've read says that Welcome Finance has gone bang. Please help.
    Tags: None

Re: Welcome finance

Welcome Financial Servo es were part of the Cattles group and went bang in 2010. The reason for the failure of the company was fraud (thee directors went to prison). There​ easily sold assets were sold and the book collected out. If Welcome are saying the account is live it is likely to get collection attempts eventually. If you are out of work try actually claiming against the PPI.

Comment

Re: Welcome finance

I'm in work but as I hadn't heard from them for a good 6/7 years or so I assumed that the debt had just been written off. But the reason I did stop paying in the first place was that I lost my job but I didn't claim through my PPI as I didn't have a clue about it all really.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X