• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another car question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another car question

Hi All,

I purchased a 2014 Nissan Leaf from a main dealer on the 14th of March, upon the test drive it was noticed the SD Card was missing - not normally a big deal, but in the leaf it;s fundamental to all the functions of the car operating such as radio, navigation, telematics system, setting the clock. I was told it would be 10 days for the card to arrive, so I bought it on the promise the card would arrive. I have since found out that the card will be around 6 weeks, so I have given the garage a letter saying I am rejecting the car as it's not of satisfactory quality and not as described as it was advertised as having all the features working. My question is can they contest this as I knew about the card despite me saying I will only pay for it if they can promise it will be ten days for the part? There is no note about the card on any of the sales receipt / invoice.

Thanks

Cranky
    Tags: None

Re: Another car question

IMO you can reject, as the vehicle is incomplete.
    Failing that you could claim damages for breach of contract as the 10 day delivery time was made of the essence of the contract.

However to get these to court will take a lot longer than the six weeks.

Better probably to negotiate a price reduction/compensation

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X