• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Current state of affairs...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Current state of affairs...

Sorry to hear that Mocha

One of my husbands freinds has been made redundant today as well. He was an estate agent and had worked for the same company , originally based in Reading, for many years. I know a lot of people dont like Estate agents but he still has a mortgage to pay and a family like the rest od us.

Why has your job been particularly hit by the current situation?
    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

I'm a finance recruiter.

I'm off on holiday for a week tomorrow, so will be job hunting when I get back!
      Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
      Me VS Abbey Win
      BIL HSBC Credit Card
      BIL EGG
      BIL HSBC Loan
      BIL PPI Win

Comment

Enjoy your jollies Mocha, it's sad but you have been here before. You also know that it's not the end of the world, as you came through before and you will do again. All the best Enaid xx

Comment

Really sorry to hear you have had to go through this again Macho, I remember how you felt the last time but...................you came through it and got this job, you will do the same again. Enjoy your holiday then make a fresh start when you get back.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hi Mochamoo

Sorry to hear about your news. Have a lovely holiday and good luck for job hunting when you return.

Kind regards

Birdie

Comment

UK job market weakening rapidly

Falling demand for staff means finding a job will become ever harder

The UK job market weakened rapidly in November as permanent placements declined at a record rate, a new survey from Markit Economics suggests.
              The drop in permanent and temporary jobs was the fastest recorded in the survey's 11-year history.
              The figures provide evidence of the rapid slowdown in the UK economy and suggest unemployment rates will rise.
              "The UK jobs market is heading downhill at breakneck speed," said Mike Stevens at KPMG, a sponsor of the survey.
              The report also showed record survey falls in permanent salaries and temporary staff pay rates.
              "Employers in almost all sectors have drastically cut recruitment plans and are shedding contract and temporary staff as fast as they can," Mr Stevens added.
              Permanent placements declined for an eighth consecutive month in November, with the rate of contraction accelerating to a new survey record.
              Temporary and contract staff billings also fell by record levels, as did demand for permanent and temporary staff.
              The only sector to avoid the downturn was nursing and medical care.
              Unsurprisingly, record rises in staff availability were also recorded.
              The monthly survey, sponsored by the Recruitment and Employment Federation and accountancy firm KPMG, features original data collected by Markit Economics from 400 UK recruitment and employment consultancies.

Bugger - why am I not a nurse or a doctor?

My Hardship Claim
              Me VS Abbey Win
              BIL HSBC Credit Card
              BIL EGG
              BIL HSBC Loan
              BIL PPI Win

Comment

Wooowee....

Unemployment has topped 2 million on the widest measure of joblessness, while the claimant count has suffered its biggest jump on record.
                The Office for National Statistics today confirmed unemployment rose to almost 2.03 million in the three months to January – the highest in 12 years and a rise of 165,000 from the previous quarter.
                That was broadly in line with expectations but the claimant count – which only includes those drawing jobseeker's allowance – surged by 138,400 last month, easily exceeding the record rise of 118,000 set during the depths of the early-1990s recession.
                The January figure was revised to show a rise of 93,500, against the 73,800 reported a month ago. That means the claimant count has surged by around 600,000 in the past year. Records for the claimant count were first kept in 1971.
                City economists had expected a jump of around 80,000 but the ONS had indicated last month the gap between data collection points would be five weeks for February, not the usual four, so a bigger number was always likely.
                Joblessness on the claimant count is now up to 4.3%, its highest since March 1999. On the wider International Labour Organisation measure, which includes those out of work but not claiming benefits, the jobless rate is 6.5%, the highest since Labour came to power in 1997.
                Economists were not hugely surprised by the bad numbers, though.
                "Up until now, although the official labour market data have been pretty bad, there hadn't been the sharp worsening reflective of the much worse GDP data in the final quarter of last year, and the masses of announced lay-offs. That was until today's number, which is more in keeping with the news we have on activity," said Alan Clarke at BNP Paribas in London.
                James Knightley at ING Financial Markets said: "Today's UK labour market data is truly awful. With household income growth slowing dramatically, when combining the unemployment and wage data, at a time when the savings rate is starting rising the outlook for consumer spending is getting worse and worse."
                Economists were also startled by a dramatic slowdown in average earnings growth, which fell to 1.8%, the lowest on record, largely due to a drop in City bonuses.
                That stands in stark contrast to the expectations of many members of the Bank of England's monetary policy committee who had predicted as recently as last autumn that pay growth would surge this year.
                Economists said that, overall, the numbers were so bad the Bank would likely have to extend its money creation operation that began last week.

guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2009 | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds

More...

My Hardship Claim
                Me VS Abbey Win
                BIL HSBC Credit Card
                BIL EGG
                BIL HSBC Loan
                BIL PPI Win

Comment

which only includes those drawing jobseeker's allowance – surged by 138,400 last month, easily exceeding the record rise of 118,000 set during the depths of the early-1990s recession.

Might that have something to do with the loan parents of over 12's having to move to jobseekers from income support ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

So sorry to hear about the job Mochamoo. Hope you find something soon.

CJ

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      which only includes those drawing jobseeker's allowance – surged by 138,400 last month, easily exceeding the record rise of 118,000 set during the depths of the early-1990s recession.

Might that have something to do with the loan parents of over 12's having to move to jobseekers from income support ?
                      I didnt know that, why did they have to do that?

Also doesnt count people like me who can't / don't claim benefits

My Hardship Claim
                      Me VS Abbey Win
                      BIL HSBC Credit Card
                      BIL EGG
                      BIL HSBC Loan
                      BIL PPI Win

Comment

Does anyone know what the average is per person unemployed that is paid in benefits / Support? including cost of civil sevants to run the benefits schemes?

Just wondering if a a country we are better off training more police /nurses / teachers etc
                        "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Locke Carey have laid of a total of 7 people so far out of 30.

I don't suppose you've heard of them, its the company i run with two partners.

Sadly i don't think this will be the end of it if the downturn in the constraint industry continues to deepen.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X