• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Solicitors LTD vs needsupportl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Solicitors LTD vs needsupportl

Received a claim? - Yes
    Issue Date: 21st March 2017
    Amount approx: £272.88
    Claimant: Lowell Portfolio I Ltd
    Solicitor: Lowell Solicitors Ltd
    Original Creditor: JD Williams
    Particulars of Claim:
    1) The defendant entered in to a Consumer Credit Act 1974 regulated agreement with JD Williams under account reference ***** ('the Agreement')
    2) The Defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default notice was served and not compiled with.
    3) The agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 06/03/2015 and notice given to the defendant.
    4) Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £183.22 remains due and outstanding.
    And the claimant claims:
    a) the said sum of £183.22
    b) interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.040, but limited to one year, being £14.66
    c) costs

Is the debt Statute Barred? - No idea....
    List any letters you have sent: CCA and CPR 31.14

Any Other Info:

So this is the first time this has ever happened to me and I am
    absolutely petrified.
    1) the claim is actually in my nickname, not in my full legal name. I never EVER sign up for anything using my nickname, so I have no idea where this has come from.
    2) I already have my own JD Williams account in my full name that is fully paid and up to date, that I use every month and pay back every month. It has never been in default and has always been paid.
    3) I have no idea where this debt has come from, how it was accrued or why I have now received this out of the blue. I also have no idea where they got my nickname from.

Help! What do I do? I'm panicking so much, I've never been in trouble with money before so this is just freaking me out.

I've put in my intent to defend on MCOL and I have sent out the two letters today.

I would be SO GRATEFUL for any help on this, I am a complete novice at this and I have little to no understanding. The forum has been a great help in getting me this far, so I hope someone in LB land can help me! x
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Solicitors LTD vs needsupportl

Morning

Don't Panic - it might be worth giving JD williams a call and asking them about this account reference and see what they can tell you. The only reason I can think of for your nickname is sometimes these companies ask what you'd like to be called ? I don't know if JD Williams ever do that, but could be one way of explaining it, otherwise it could be a case of ID fraud, either way you need to investigate - I think asking JD williams would be the obvious first stop. give them a call and see what you can find out and let us know.

Also, have a check on your credit file - a service like Noddle is instant - see if this shows up on there at all.

With the court claim you've done right by acknowledging with intent to defend and sending the CPR and CCA letters out You will have 28 days from receipt of the claim to figure out whats gone on and get a defence sorted

Sharon
    xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Morning [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]!

Thank you for responding - I think contacting JD Williams is a great idea. I wasn't sure if I could because it's reached this stage, but it's worth a shot.

Just checked my credit report (forgot I had both Noddle and Clearscore - tut) and I can see one thing for Lowell that was apparently opened 6th April 2013 (it appears under "Closed" on my Clearscore, but open on my Noddle?). My current JD Williams account was opened on 30th September 2015 and has a different account number and is showing quite rightly as up to date.

Side note - this forum has really helped me feel more prepared, even if this is only my first interaction. Thank heavens for this!

x

Comment

Just remember that it is likely Lowell Solicitors will respond saying they have requested the documents and until they are supplied the account is on hold, do not believe them and make sure your your defence is put in on time.

If JDW can't shed any ;ight it might be worth sending a SAR to them to get everything they hold on you

Comment

Hello [MENTION=98117]warwick65[/MENTION],

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I've read a lot about Lowell saying things are "on hold" when they really are not - don't worry, I will make sure everything is in defense wise on the right date. See, already learning things!

Is a SAR a request I have to pay for? I'll go and have a read on the forum about it now.

x

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...quest-template
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Yes unfortunately a SAR (Subject Access Request) does cost £10 but it might be £10 well spent if it sorts this out

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] [MENTION=98117]warwick65[/MENTION] - thank you, I thought it was! Okay, I'll try calling JD Williams and ask the question but in the meantime, I'll get that letter drafted up and sent out too.

x

Comment

Hello all, long time no chat! A quick catch up - I sent off the normal letters and received only one letter back from Lowell Solicitors telling me things were on "hold". I've not received anything else so far, so I've put my defence together ready to pop on MCOL. I'm not due to put it in until 23rd April, but can I put it in sooner? Also, is anyone able to have a read through of what I've put together so I don't sound like an idiot? Thank you!

Comment

put it in the day before due that way lowells have no time to dis credit it with their defence

Lowells and the like say on hold = they have no say in the matter only the court, they hope to dupe people into think on hold - then get a default judgment as court procedures have been ignored by peeps must happen a lot, and the so called law society/regulators do nothing,

Comment

Hello all,

Even longer time no speak!

So I finally received the documentation from Lowells which I received today - well after the date of my defence statement and WELL after the dates given to them on the letters I sent out. The agreements are unsigned, they say on the cover letter they sent a default letter to my parents address (never received there) yet the copy of the default notice they sent was addressed to a very old address of mine from years ago which was apparently dated April 2015. I had left this address way before this date! They also sent a statement of account for clothes (side note: that aren't in my clothing size!) that were apparently sent in 2013, but the address to which they were sent is nowhere to be found.

Also it appears this account is on my credit record, after being attached to my parents address by Lowells in 2015.

I also received a copy of the documents from Lowells that they sent to the court asking for mediation. I'm happy to go to mediation because I can prove that I have a different account, under my full name, that I pay regularly and is in good standing. I haven't had any documents from the court yet, though.

What should my next steps be?

Thank you so much for your help so far! x

Comment

Hi

Just a thought, the address used for the default notice , did you share it? I am just wondering if you could have been the victim of fraud. Another point, does it say when the account was opened?

I know from experience that JDW, when reconstructing an agreement just tend to use the current address they have on file, at least that is what they did with my ex - or more pointedly to me after she died and i asked for proof of debt

Comment

Has JDW responded to the SAR?
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X