• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN passed to debt collectors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN passed to debt collectors

Posting on behalf of my mother.

She received an email from a DCA today stating she has an unpaid PCN from a council. After phoning the number, it turns out she owes £515 for an unpaid PCN from April 2016, however she has not received any correspondence as her log book for her car is still registered to her old address. There is video evidence.

This is the first she has heard of this, and as she is a foster carer with no assets or money, she is now panicking.

I know very little about this legally, however if anyone can offer any advice on whether there is a way we can get this reduced, or whether it's even legal to charge £515 for a £50 ticket.

DCA said warrant was issued in December 2016, and that they attempted to visit her old address but couldn't gain entry.

Is there anything we can do?
    She has no money, so if she does have to pay, will they let her pay weekly? Will they take a reduced payment if I paid for her in full?

DCA has requested all communication via email. I have sent them a standard letter requesting they provide a breakdown of all fees/costs.

Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: PCN passed to debt collectors

You can ask to pay weekly amounts, but it will not be for less than £25.00, you will not get a reduction as all fees are set in stone, the breakdown of debt and fees is simple, original debt, after the LA went to TEc at Northampton £205.00, £75.00 Compliance fee for the letter sent at the old address (where the car is still registered, which is an offence by the way) then £235.00 Enforcement fee added when the Agent visited the property on the warrant of execution.
    The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

Re: PCN passed to debt collectors

Originally posted by Sir Vere Brayne d'Emmidge View Post
      You can ask to pay weekly amounts, but it will not be for less than £25.00, you will not get a reduction as all fees are set in stone, the breakdown of debt and fees is simple, original debt, after the LA went to TEc at Northampton £205.00, £75.00 Compliance fee for the letter sent at the old address (where the car is still registered, which is an offence by the way) then £235.00 Enforcement fee added when the Agent visited the property on the warrant of execution.

Thanks for you advice r.e. fees and weekly payment. As she moved from the previous property a few years ago, she is unsure, but believes she sent off to update the log book at the same time she updated her drivers license address. As this has now happened, we now know the log book has not been updated on the car which is now sold.

I've filed for an out of time statutory declaration. Bailiffs are on hold while this is reviewed. I am expecting it to be refused as most seem to be, so will then appeal under N244. If this fails also, I'll then pay the bailiffs in full on behalf of my mother.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X