• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Exit a mobile phone contract early with lower fees..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exit a mobile phone contract early with lower fees..

Can't find an answer to this anywhere on the web nor do I want to ask my provider.. So here goes.

I've finally had enough of my current provider Vodafone, i've been a customer for 10+ years with many cock ups from them, I have 7 month reaming on my current contract which has 2 phone number with phones @ £25.50 each
    so if I cancel I will be charged 7 months @ £51 but what if I change to their lowest price plan (Ie. £11) would this be a way around paying their full cancellation fee??

Thanks.. Any further advice much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Exit a mobile phone contract early with lower fees..

Are you on a SIM only contact? If you are it should be easier to switch to the lower cost package. If not the handset still has to be paid for. The service provider may be a sneaky and put you in to a new two or three year contract. What you want to get is a rolling monthly contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
      Can't find an answer to this anywhere on the web nor do I want to ask my provider.. So here goes.

I've finally had enough of my current provider Vodafone, i've been a customer for 10+ years with many cock ups from them, I have 7 month reaming on my current contract which has 2 phone number with phones @ £25.50 each
      so if I cancel I will be charged 7 months @ £51 but what if I change to their lowest price plan (Ie. £11) would this be a way around paying their full cancellation fee??

Thanks.. Any further advice much appreciated.
      If you are in a handset contract, you may only be able to lower your account by £5 increiments at a time. The normal process is not allowing you to drop the full whack in one shot, I would argue the case of the amount of mistakes made. If you cancel after dropping your tariff you will still be charged term fees at the original tariff rate (i.e £25.50 per phone) as this is the contracted price.

May I ask what the cock ups have been and when the most recent occuured as you might be able to argue the sale of goods and services act with them.

Callie.
      PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Or is there a price rise in the pipe line and you can then cancel without penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          Or is there a price rise in the pipe line and you can then cancel without penalty.
          only if the rpi rate increase is not taken in to account with the contract (ie in the small print it says it will increase).
          I would suggest checking the contract beforehand!

If you can prove your supplier has acted without due care or skill you may have a loophole.
          PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Check your contract. Buried in the small print somewhere you may find that you are entitled to cancel within 30 days of a notice to increase charges.

Comment

Originally posted by slainte caragh View Post
              If you are in a handset contract, you may only be able to lower your account by £5 increiments at a time. The normal process is not allowing you to drop the full whack in one shot, I would argue the case of the amount of mistakes made. If you cancel after dropping your tariff you will still be charged term fees at the original tariff rate (i.e £25.50 per phone) as this is the contracted price.

May I ask what the cock ups have been and when the most recent occuured as you might be able to argue the sale of goods and services act with them.

Callie.
              Thanks for the replies people..!!

It is a handset contract...

They've made many mistakes over the years a few being for 2 months my account was down and was unable to pay the bill that was resolved at head office and was given compensation of 1 month free service.. this one being though I paid the bill 7th March then 2 days later the they had taken April's bill had taken on the 9th March but that was not due to be paid until April 5th (next month) I argued the fact that they had taken without my say so a bill 1 month early... the chap on live chat however could not get to grips with what I was saying so I had to call, they apologised for the system error and that it was all sorted then days went by and I was bombarded with automated calls & texts threatening I will be cut off come 27th they did in fact cut me off so called again they reinstated the service without issue. Then today they have F'd my credit file with a late payment marker..!!

Comment

Hi Stu,

I'm sorry to hear that you're looking to leave us.

Although it's not possible to reduce your monthly price plan mid-contract, I'm happy to look into any outstanding complaints you have.

So I can access your account, please email me with your details via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your complaint in the question box, please also quote "Legal Beagles".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it in the thread and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media CARE

Vodafone UK
                I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                  Thanks for the replies people..!!

It is a handset contract...

They've made many mistakes over the years a few being for 2 months my account was down and was unable to pay the bill that was resolved at head office and was given compensation of 1 month free service.. this one being though I paid the bill 7th March then 2 days later the they had taken April's bill had taken on the 9th March but that was not due to be paid until April 5th (next month) I argued the fact that they had taken without my say so a bill 1 month early... the chap on live chat however could not get to grips with what I was saying so I had to call, they apologised for the system error and that it was all sorted then days went by and I was bombarded with automated calls & texts threatening I will be cut off come 27th they did in fact cut me off so called again they reinstated the service without issue. Then today they have F'd my credit file with a late payment marker..!!
                  Stu, Lee and I go way back!

He is incredible and will no doubt have your account fixed in a flash!

I will leave you in his more than capable hands

Callie

Comment

Thanks for the great endorsement Callie - it's appreciated.

Lee

Social Media CARE

Vodafone UK

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

I followed the link @Lee Vodafone Company Rep but did not receive an auto reply.

Comment

Hi Stu,

As your email doesn't appear to have come through to me, please email me with a contact number only at eforum.web@help.vodafone.co.uk and quote WRT135 in the subject line.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media CARE

Vodafone UK

Comment

Done!!

Comment

Hey!**recently I found a very interesting article about monye life hacks* https://makemoneyonline-now.com/money-life-hacks/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X