• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ended Car Lease Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ended Car Lease Agreement

Wonder if someone can guide me with a little advice.

I recently returned my lease car to the lease company. It was on a 3 year lease, and was all completely paid up to the end. At the collection inspection the Manheim inspector noted 2 damaged front rims at £65 each, which we accept as kerb damaged, and a corrosion/rust to one of the rear wheel rims. I believe the rear wheel rust/corrosion is due to a manufacturing fault rather than damaged due to our use. I signed the inspection report and selected the option stating I disagreed with the costs. The car is a Citroen, and the finance managed by PSA Finance.

PSA Finance subsequently billed me for the repair of all 3 wheels at the £65 per wheel rate, on receipt of the letter/invoice I immediately rang them to re-state that I still disagreed with the costs. PSA finance registered this as a complaint and apparently investigated it. I have a final decision from PSA finance stating that they still want me to pay for all 3 wheels.

I have referred this to the Financial Ombudsman for review, and they are currently reviewing this, awaiting details from PSA.

Today I have received an additional letter with a charge of £12 for late payment of the outstanding amount. Can they enforce this, while it is being reviewed?

I am more than happy to pay for the 2 wheels, (2 x £65), can someone help with a form of words that I can end to end this issue?

Many thanks
    Paul
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X