• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Faulty used car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty used car

Good day,
    I was advised by Stuart Masson to post on here.
    I bought a used car on 12 March, at the time of test drive I wasn't told of any faults, when I went to collect the vehicle for purchase,on the invoice they stated "spares and repairs,no warranty,no return, EML light",I questioned what does the EML light mean,and all I was told was it could be a lot of things. So no full description or disclosure of what the fault is.
    Since purchasing,I have broken down,needing roadside assistance and the car has also been into a workshop twice.
    I thought the light was just an oil light and nothing major.
    Do I have any right to return the vehicle and request for a full repair or refund?

Hope you can assist
    Jurgen
    Tags: None

Re: Faulty used car

No unfortunately there is not much you can do. You have purchased a car for spares or repairs. Buyer beware.
    Caveat Emptor

Comment

So even though it isn't to satisfactory standard and wasn't told exactly what the problem is I cant claim anything on it? That is very worrying indeed,as surely the dealer should have more knowledge and give true information?

Comment

He did, the seller placed the car for sale, you purchased the car after testing and saw the invoice which stated spares and repairs,no warranty,no return.

Comment

Originally posted by Jurgen View Post
          Good day,
          I was advised by Stuart Masson to post on here.
          I bought a used car on 12 March, at the time of test drive I wasn't told of any faults, when I went to collect the vehicle for purchase,on the invoice they stated "spares and repairs,no warranty,no return, EML light",I questioned what does the EML light mean,and all I was told was it could be a lot of things. So no full description or disclosure of what the fault is.
          Since purchasing,I have broken down,needing roadside assistance and the car has also been into a workshop twice.
          I thought the light was just an oil light and nothing major.
          Do I have any right to return the vehicle and request for a full repair or refund?

Hope you can assist
          Jurgen
          Was this purchased from a private individual or from trade ? ( guessing trade ? '' the dealer '' )

Were you unaware of the '' "spares and repairs,no warranty,no return, EML light",'' before making the purchase ? ( ie. at what point during the process did you get given the invoice with that on?)
          [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] [MENTION=39710]des8[/MENTION]
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst,

I was not given the details of "spares and repairs, no warranty, EML" light,until after the test drive, and returning later the afternoon to pay for the vehicle and to collect, when I paid the money for the car,I was given the invoice and then showed that it states the above on the invoice,and at that point I questioned what is EML light? And this was bought from a dealer/trader. Not ptivate
            Thank you
            Last edited by Jurgen; 27th March 2017, 11:45:AM. Reason: Forgot to add details

Comment

So after you had paid ??

Was the car advertised, or was it found browsing round a forecourt etc?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

It was advertised on their website.

Comment

Do you have a screenshot/copy of the advert ? ( can you find it in a cache copy ?) Did that state spares/repairs etc ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

I was just trying to look now,can't find the screenshot, I am looking now,as I did send a url link to my wife regarding the add,and it did not state on the add "spare and repair". I will try and see quickly if I can find the url

Comment

The advert is an invitation to treat (negotiate) which you did. You then test drove the vehicle and on return you were told about spares and repairs, no warranty, EML" light. You then went home and returned later to pay. I know it is hard to accept but it needs to be a reality check and not to place any hope for. Sorry

Comment

No I returned home,without being told about "spare and repairs,no warranty and EML light", upon returning later to pay I was then given the invoice,and only THEN made aware of terms of sale?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have a screenshot, I have the url link,but as the car has been sold,the url link doesn't take you to the add of the specific car anymore. But I am almost 100% positive it dint state spares and repairs on the add.

Comment

You said you were told about spares and repairs after test drive

Comment

I don't have a screenshot, I have the url link,but as the car has been sold,the url link doesn't take you to the add of the specific car anymore. But I am almost 100% positive it dint state spares and repairs on the add

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Suzysue,

On my first post on here, I sated in fact "I WASN'T " told of any faults at test drive.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Suzysue,

On my first post on here, I sated in fact "I WASN'T " told of any faults at test drive.

Comment

Suzy - it's probably best to try and find out the full circumstances and situation before jumping in with negativity. It appears the car was advertised without mentioning spares/repairs/faults at all, it also appears he was not informed of such until after making payment.
                              when I paid the money for the car,I was given the invoice
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X