• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

British Gas: When paying early is paying late.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Gas: When paying early is paying late.....

My mother has just told me an interest story about British Gas. She has an agreement to pay them on a certain day of the month. In january she paid them a few days early, however, she received a letter in February telling her that she was late in paying. You might say WTF??

She has paid this way every month without fail and this year is the year that they mess it up. She has been told that she needs to pay it at the post office on the exact day of the payment of the system says it's late(you can't pay early....really???).

This month they have cancelled her payment card and the payment is due tomorrow. Needless to say, I've kinda set a fairly strongly worded email to their head office asking them to look into this because the logic is dumb and/or their contact centre's explanation to my mother was really poor.

Anyone else had this dumb approach from British Gas this year?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)
    Tags: None

Re: British Gas: When paying early is paying late.....

Go for the top:
    British Gas
    Mr Mark Hodges Managing Director
    Email mark.hodges@britishgas.co.uk
    Telephone 01753 494343 (Direct)
    Switchboard 01753 494000
    Courtesy of ceomail

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      Go for the top:
      British Gas
      Mr Mark Hodges Managing Director
      Email mark.hodges@britishgas.co.uk
      Telephone 01753 494343 (Direct)
      Switchboard 01753 494000
      Courtesy of ceomail
      This is not my first rodeo . I went with Sarwjit Sambhi and have received a response from him already.

Appreciate the attempt to help...

Comment

It has now been resolved and my mother received a phone call from British Gas today. They apologised for the information that their representative gave my mother which was absolutely inaccurate. I would add that my mother was not the only one who was told this information(she was chatting in the post office today and someone else had been told the same thing).

Positive thing is that British Gas contacted my mother and resolved the issue promptly.

The intriguing thing to me is how many other people have been given misleading information by their representatives at their call centre.

Comment

Hiya Leclerc,

VEEEEEERRRRRRYYYYY interesting to me indeed.

As you may remember I used to work for a mobile phone provider in a call centre, I now work in a call centre of a utility company and have a few shall we say.... sources?

Ear to the ground on this one, thanks mate

Callie
          PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Originally posted by slainte caragh View Post
            Hiya Leclerc,

VEEEEEERRRRRRYYYYY interesting to me indeed.

As you may remember I used to work for a mobile phone provider in a call centre, I now work in a call centre of a utility company and have a few shall we say.... sources?

Ear to the ground on this one, thanks mate

Callie
            It has been resolved. They contacted my mother within 48 hours of the email. Stated their representative talked through their behind(although not in those exact words). Ultimately it is resolved

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X