• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON!!** Total Car Parks - Dutton Street Manchester Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **WON!!** Total Car Parks - Dutton Street Manchester Parking Charge Notice

Short Version
    Girlfriend paid online, misspelt registration, received PCN.

Back Story

Boy, do I feel a fool for making another post here.

Seems as though my girlfriend has had another parking mishap, since choosing to boycott the train station car park, she tried a new one out, and having parked in a proper bay with no issues with regards to that, went to pay.

When she got the machine it was out of order, so she followed steps to pay online (around 9:30AM).

Came back to the car around 7PM to find that she had been given a PCN at 12noon. Upon reviewing her receipt for the online ticket she purchased, it turns out she had mistyped the registration.

We viewed the evidence they had for the PCN and it consists of everything being fine aside from her parking ticket in the window (which she could not pay for as the machines were down).

Next Steps
    As last time, I've advised her to not pay it for now, until we've had some (much more capable) input.

We're wondering whether an online appeal would be accepted in this case, or should we wait until the letter to appeal?

As before, she is also NOT the registered keeper of the vehicle, but it is a personal car, not a company or hire vehicle.

Thank you again for your time.
    James.
    Tags: None

Re: Total Car Parks - Dutton Street Manchester Parking Charge Notice

Wait for the keeper to get a Notice to Keeper and see if they get it right enough to hold the keeper liable. What was the "offence" on the ticket? What letter was mistyped?

Comment

The offence was "Parked without ticket or permit"

The mistyping was X00 XXX - whereas it should have been XX00 XXX

Comment

So the ticket machine missed the first character typed? Not a mistype but an error in the machine, again.

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...526#post636526

Wait for the NTK and appeal. The faulty machine won't win at popla but the notice to keeper will hopefully be duff.

Courts have decided on duff machines before, although only a lower court which isn't binding. http://nebula.wsimg.com/bfcdd95c68b8...&alloworigin=1

M1

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks for the continued support, I just wanted to make it clear as I really glanced over it:

She couldn't pay for the ticket via the faulty machine, so instead before leaving she paid for her ticket via her mobile phone online, her registration provided was inaccurate as she herself mistyped it as X00 XXX instead of XX00 XXX.

Still, I intend to wait for NTK!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by james9 View Post
              Hey guys,

Thanks for the continued support, I just wanted to make it clear as I really glanced over it:

She couldn't pay for the ticket via the faulty machine, so instead before leaving she paid for her ticket via her mobile phone online, her registration provided was inaccurate as she herself mistyped it as X00 XXX instead of XX00 XXX.

Still, I intend to wait for NTK!

Cheers
              Well if she really knows that that's a pity. Most people assume it was them. Could be argued that it's a trifling matter (de minimis) if it ever got to court but i think we'll put it to bed at popla, providing you keep the drivers identity from them and let them deal with the registered keeper.

M1

Comment

Hey guys, I've got an update with the NTK, evidence they supplied and the original parking receipt.

Just to check, once it comes around to filling the appeal out, I should use the keeper's details right?

https://postimg.org/gallery/23715ku8q/

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...526#post636526

Badly worded NTK so should be an easy win at popla.

M1

Comment

Thank you for the advice, gonna fill out the appeal form online now!

Comment

Hey again,

I got an email from Total Car Parks this morning explaining that they are cancelling the parking ticket due to our appeal.

Thank you so much for helping me navigate this cunning industry.

One down, one to go.

Extra thanks to mystery1 for the constant help!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X