• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot have passed the debt to solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot have passed the debt to solicitors

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...y-of-Agreement

There is the link the for Cca request. I would suggest the more in depth one, I think it's the third post down.

Send it Royal Mail signed for and include a cheque or postal order for £1.

I always keep a copy copy of everything I send including the Proof of delivery.

As as they have sent a letter before action, also called a letter of claim you do need to respond to that. I can't copy n paste it I'm afraid, on a tablet but it is post 26 . Remember to read it through and edit out the bits that are instructions or not applicable to you.

As as my Gran used to say, money can't buy you happiness and as I say, it is only money and you can't take it with you.

As for the anxiety, I know it is easy to say but things get better . Non of my business but maybe talk to your GP. You would be surprised at the people who suffer from anxiety and depression.

Comment

Thanks warwick65, I thought it was my scanner that packed up, it now appears the pc won't find it, new scanner and printer and it won't find that either.
      Seems to be the story of my bloody life when I'm on the back foot, seem to get hit harder when I'm running out of time.

Comment

Is it a filthy windows pc? ( I personal have a cheap windows laptop which i hate.)

If so have you tried either uninstall the software and reinstall or a System restore to a point when you know it last worked?

If not you could take pictures with a phone and upload. If they need editing. [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] is a Star.

Comment

Originally posted by Warpa View Post
          I may actually be able to get some sleep tonight. I do suffer from anxiety and panic attacks without all this.
          Hello Warpa

I've read through this thread (before a few of the posts were moved) and some of the comments made were enough to give anyone anxiety and panic attacks!

Stick to the script.

Send the s.77 CCA Request to Cabot with a copy to their solicitors (Mortimer Clarke) because this will protect your legal position if they decide to issue a claim.

Until or unless they comply with your CCA Request they cannot enforce the debt in court.

Put all dark thoughts about people placing a Charging Order on your home out of your mind.

If a claim form drops on your mat then post on your thread and the Beagles will hold your hand through the various stages.

Di

Comment

Thank you very much, I've managed to get the printer working using a lead instead of wireless. The router seems to be the issue.

Comment

Warpa

Off topic I know but I may know the problem with the printer

If either your PC or printer is able to use either 2.4GHz or 5GHz and one is connected to say 2.4 and the other is connected to 5 they may not connect. I overcame this problem by giving a new identity to the 5Ghz channel so that neither laptop nor printer can connect to it
              Not had a problem since

As for te advice Diana gave you , spot on and I can only say she is a brick ( I mean that in a nice way)

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                Warpa

Off topic I know but I may know the problem with the printer

If either your PC or printer is able to use either 2.4GHz or 5GHz and one is connected to say 2.4 and the other is connected to 5 they may not connect. I overcame this problem by giving a new identity to the 5Ghz channel so that neither laptop nor printer can connect to it
                Not had a problem since

As for te advice Diana gave you , spot on and I can only say she is a brick ( I mean that in a nice way)
                Ill have a look into that this weekend. A quick question though, on the template letter where it says account number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx i have left account number and filled the x with my ref: number, should i edit the template letter to say Ref and leave the account number out entirely?
                Hope that makes some sense.

Comment

Personally and i do mean this is what i do ( At least i think that is what i do, without going back to look and there are a lot to look at)

If the letters from Cabot include both I also include both so
                  Dear Sir
                  Ref ABCDEFG
                  AcNo 123456

Does that make sense

I just feel it removes the wriggle room that these people use and makes it clear

Comment

That makes sense. I'll edit them.

Comment

Quick question, is getting a copy of the request sent to their solicitors enough at this stage?

Comment

Hi Warpa

yes it should be but you could send the letter I posted in post 26 as well if you want

It may not do any good but it does put them on notice that you will not just roll over and give in.

When I got my original LBA it did slow things up by almost a year and has put me in a much stronger position because of some of the things they sent and claimed in their letters

Comment

Update to say i have heard back from their solicitors. If the 12 days pass and Cabot don't provide any of the information i asked for what then?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Warpa
                            I can't read your attachment atm as on my phone.
                            The fact you have heard nothing from cabot is actually a good thing. It can be included in your defence, non compliance with a cca request.
                            [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                              Hi Warpa
                              I can't read your attachment atm as on my phone.
                              The fact you have heard nothing from cabot is actually a good thing. It can be included in your defence, non compliance with a cca request.
                              @Diana M
                              Have proceedings been commenced yet? havent read the whole thread so apologies if this info is on the thread
                              I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

No proceedings yet, I had 14 days to pay in full or set up a payment plan. Cabot solicitors is the response above, nothing from Cabot.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X