• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot have passed the debt to solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot have passed the debt to solicitors

Hi, I had a Sainsbury loan which I had trouble with back in 2014. The debt allegedly got sold on to Cabot. I did the 3 letters to them at the end of last year and they provided no information to show they legally own the debt.
    Mortimer Clarke have sent me a letter saying I need to pay them 5k in the next 14 days, there is also an expenditure form attached saying their client will accept installments.

Now I don't mind paying what I owe, but would like proof that I do owe it and the amount they are saying I owe.
    What should I do?
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot have passed the debt to solicitors

Hi Warpa

Which 3 letters?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

How much did you borrow?
      You state that you had trouble with the loan back in 2014, what trouble was that?
      If Sainsbury have sold the debt to Cabot then Cabot are entitled to collect it, and what letters have you sent them?

Comment

It's 3 letters I found on the internet, this is a summary of what it implies and it ends with an estopel letter.
        The loan was for 15k and I became unemployed for a few months. Once I was back in work paying the proper amount plus another sum for the arrears I thought things were OK but they said it will take too long to clear the arrears and we're not interested in extending the loan.
        Below is a copy and paste of the 3 letters process I found.

There are three letters, which need posting at least 10 days apart

Together they will create a tacit agreement, which is a lawfully binding agreement. Sign the letter with your first names hyphenated and a colon before your last name, as in the example- John Arthur of the family: Smith, (this signifies you are from the clan/family of your last name and differentiates you from your UPPER CASE 'legal fiction').

Comment

When was the loan opened and £5000 is a lot of money to just ask for it are you in financial difficulty now?

Comment

I think I had paid 3 out of the 5 year loan if memory serves. I'm not in financial difficulty now but live from week to week.

Comment

Was the loan opened in 2014?

- - - Updated - - -

Have you contacted the financial ombudsman service regarding this?

Comment

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
                Was the loan opened in 2014?

- - - Updated - - -

Have you contacted the financial ombudsman service regarding this?
                I haven't no, I took the loan back around 2011 I think.

Comment

Was there any PPI on the account?

Comment

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
                    Was there any PPI on the account?
                    I'm not sure I'd have to double check on that. I did have some ppi that I reclaimed but don't think this loan had it.

Comment

I'd check it out to be honest by writing to the company and contacting the, financial ombudsman service.

Comment

And say what? Are Cabot not legally abridged to provide me with all the details?

Comment

The 3 letters you sent have no legal standard at all I'm afraid.

How much is still owed, or how much as Cabot asking for?

Have you done a cca request to Cabot, that does put them under legal notice to send a copyof the agreement you would have signed.

I am not sure why you would contact the ombudsman at this point.

Did Sainsbury defaulted you and do you still have that?

- - - Updated - - -
                          [MENTION=45315]Diana M [/MENTION] m

Does the letter from the solicitor say anything about what may/might or will happen if you dont contact them

Comment

To the loan company write them a letter and contact the financial ombudsman service and make a complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by Warpa View Post
                              It's 3 letters I found on the internet, this is a summary of what it implies and it ends with an estopel letter.
                              The loan was for 15k and I became unemployed for a few months. Once I was back in work paying the proper amount plus another sum for the arrears I thought things were OK but they said it will take too long to clear the arrears and we're not interested in extending the loan.
                              Below is a copy and paste of the 3 letters process I found.

There are three letters, which need posting at least 10 days apart

Together they will create a tacit agreement, which is a lawfully binding agreement. Sign the letter with your first names hyphenated and a colon before your last name, as in the example- John Arthur of the family: Smith, (this signifies you are from the clan/family of your last name and differentiates you from your UPPER CASE 'legal fiction').
                              What on earth have you been doing?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X