• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot have passed the debt to solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot have passed the debt to solicitors

Originally posted by Warpa View Post
    That was MBNA
    And when did you open the MBNA account?

Perhaps it's best to start a separate thread for this different debt to avoid confusion (as I suggested in post # 70). You can ask @Kati for help to do that if you need it.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
      And when did you open the MBNA account?

Perhaps it's best to start a separate thread for this different debt to avoid confusion (as I suggested in post # 70). You can ask @Kati for help to do that if you need it.

Di
      It was opened in July 2009, I'll start a new topic when on the pc this evening so I can copy and paste bits from here as I'm getting confused now

Comment

Still nothing to update here

Comment

Ok Cabot have now supplied all the relevant paper work and all is in order.
          As it's not a case that can go to Court I'm now looking for some settlement advice.
          They have asked for an income expenditure report. The debt is for around 5k, original loan was 12k plus interest.
          Could I push for a one time settlement figure here and pay it off in full, could I ask for a one time settlement and pay reasonable amount to clear it asap, or should I just offer the minimum and have it hanging around for years?
          The documents they supplied are well within the law as I have had a very reputable solicitor check them out.

Comment

Warpa
            You know my view
            Providing paperwork does not necessarily make it enforceable. Why not get some free legal advice on your position. [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] may be able to help.

Comment

Warwick I did and it is fully enforceable.

Having reviewed the loan agreement, on the face of it, it does appear to comply with the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act. The amount of credit is clearly stipulated, the duration of the agreement is also clearly stipulated as is the total charge for credit and APR. In fact it does seem to me that the loan agreement contains all of the prescribed information.

Further, the fact that the loan was signed in 2010 does have a bearing on the enforceability. Loans before 6th April 2007, could be rendered irredeemably unenforceable if a prescribed term was missing. Unfortunately as this loan was signed after 6th April 2007, it does seem to me that the Court would be able to enforce the loan even if were defective.

My view would therefore be that entering into a payment may well be the best option going forward.

Comment

Hi
                Yes it MIGHT be but enforceability is not all about the actual agreement.

Things such as default notices and assignment may come into play.

I really can't remember much about your particular loan so I will try to read back.

Comment

Am I right, this is not subject to a claim yet is it.

Comment

Having reviewed the loan agreement, on the face of it, it does appear to comply with the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act. The amount of credit is clearly stipulated, the duration of the agreement is also clearly stipulated as is the total charge for credit and APR. In fact it does seem to me that the loan agreement contains all of the prescribed information.

Further, the fact that the loan was signed in 2010 does have a bearing on the enforceability. Loans before 6th April 2007, could be rendered irredeemably unenforceable if a prescribed term was missing. Unfortunately as this loan was signed after 6th April 2007, it does seem to me that the Court would be able to enforce the loan even if were defective.
                    Putting the ‘enforceability’ of the credit agreement produced on one side for a minute (no harm in getting a second opinion) who is the debt owner?

Is It Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd or Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd which is unlicensed?

There can be loads of reasons why a post 2007 debt cannot be enforced in court.

Di

Comment

Cabot have now supplied all the relevant paper work and all is in order.

As it's not a case that can go to Court I'm now looking for some settlement advice.

The documents they supplied are well within the law .
                      Says who?

Di

Comment

According to my paperwork Sainsbury's sold the debt 1st to Wescot, it then for sold to Cabot but I don't have any documentation saying that, only the paperwork I file away.
                        Nov 10 2016 Cabot UK contact me, 1st December Cabot Europe contact me, sinse then it's been Cabot UK.
                        This is and has been in the hands of Mortimer Clarke.
                        I have every bit of documentation filed in date order but would take an age to edit and upload.

Comment

I may be wrong but I don't think Westcot actually buy debts just collect. That's certainly how they used to work.

Comment

Wescot are only debt collectors they work on commission basis if they collect anything, they do not buy debts

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                              Says who?

Di
                              PT was the good person

Comment

I've only got a few days to reply within the 14 day deadline and don't know what to write :/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X