• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier Park.....have I messed up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Park.....have I messed up?

Hi all, first post....please be gentle. So, in October last year my wife received a parking notice from premier park. She appealed straight away, as it was me driving.
    i parked for 11 minutes in a car park that offered 30 mins free. I didn't realise that I had to register the car first.
    so she appealed and she didn't hear anything, the next thing we heard was another bill from them for £100. This time she filled in the form which identified me as the driver.
    We then heard from a Debt Collector asking for £150 or they would advise their client to take her to court. So, I dug around a few posts on here and I wrote a letter on her behalf and sent a cheque (from a friend) for £10 as a 'Without prejudice payment'. I said that this was because the £150 was not a genuine estimation of loss and the sign advertised first 30 mins free.
    Today we have received a further letter from the debt collectors thanking us for our correspondence. But saying if we don't pay by 4 April they will reccomend their clients take us to court.
    So, have I messed up by sending that letter? All advice greatly received.
    Tags: None

Re: Premier Park.....have I messed up?

Did they not supply a popla code when rejecting the initial appeal ?

M1

Comment

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Nothing, we didn't hear anything at all from them. When I called the debt collectors they said an appeal had never been received.

Comment

How did you appeal (sounds like you posted without proof of posting ?)

M1

Comment

Did it on their website as directed.

Comment

I'd be asking PP themselves. If you know when or have logs to back you up, even better.

M1

Comment

Hi, I'm sorry to sound pathetic, I dint gave anything. I've tried searching my history but I can't go back that far. They have said they won't enter into any further conversation with us.

Comment

Didn't think you would to be honest.

If Premier won't help then i'd ignore them unless they send aletter before claim or court papers.

They don't do a lot of court but ..... http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Premier_Park.html

2 other things you could try,

1. Ask your ISP.

2. Send a subject access request to Premier Park and see what turns up.

M1

Comment

Hi,
                  thank you so much for this. What's a subject access request?

Comment

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information/

M1

Comment

Again, thank you so much for all if the help so far. If I choose to ignore further comms from them what is likely to be their next step?

Comment

Send more bogroll.

They are stepping up court claims but are still only doing 1/2 so you'd need to be very unlucky to get one.

M1

Comment

Thanks, I feel really strongly about this and although I could probably afford the £150 it's a matter of principle now. If they took me to court would I be able to defend it myself or could I end up having to pay a lot more in court costs if I lost?

Comment

Yes you could.

The most, aside from unreasonable behaviour, that it would cost is £200 or so if you lost.
                            M1

Comment

I might come back to you then............

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X