Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premier Park.....have I messed up?

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Premier Park.....have I messed up?

Hi all, first post....please be gentle. So, in October last year my wife received a parking notice from premier park. She appealed straight away, as it was me driving.
    i parked for 11 minutes in a car park that offered 30 mins free. I didn't realise that I had to register the car first.
    so she appealed and she didn't hear anything, the next thing we heard was another bill from them for £100. This time she filled in the form which identified me as the driver.
    We then heard from a Debt Collector asking for £150 or they would advise their client to take her to court. So, I dug around a few posts on here and I wrote a letter on her behalf and sent a cheque (from a friend) for £10 as a 'Without prejudice payment'. I said that this was because the £150 was not a genuine estimation of loss and the sign advertised first 30 mins free.
    Today we have received a further letter from the debt collectors thanking us for our correspondence. But saying if we don't pay by 4 April they will reccomend their clients take us to court.
    So, have I messed up by sending that letter? All advice greatly received.

VIP Member

Mentions
    812 Post(s)

Default Re: Premier Park.....have I messed up?

Did they not supply a popla code when rejecting the initial appeal ?

M1
    ********************************Signature********* ************************

Private messages are off as all help on this site is on board.

Please note i am now pretty much without access/time to help 5 days a week. Others will hopefully help you.

I can only help with what you tell me. Post up information (other than names and addresses!).

I NEVER enter any appeals or court documentation on your behalf. This is your responsibility.

Upload images to your thread like this .Email kati@legalbeagles.info if you can't upload images/documents. She doesn't own a crystal ball as far as i'm aware so link to your thread or tell her how to find it !

If you want to tell someone YOU were driving, go to confession.

I,I,I,I,I,I should be avoided unless you are Jim Diamond.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Nothing, we didn't hear anything at all from them. When I called the debt collectors they said an appeal had never been received.

VIP Member

Mentions
    812 Post(s)

How did you appeal (sounds like you posted without proof of posting ?)

M1

Please note i am now pretty much without access/time to help 5 days a week. Others will hopefully help you.

I can only help with what you tell me. Post up information (other than names and addresses!).

I NEVER enter any appeals or court documentation on your behalf. This is your responsibility.

Upload images to your thread like this .Email kati@legalbeagles.info if you can't upload images/documents. She doesn't own a crystal ball as far as i'm aware so link to your thread or tell her how to find it !

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Did it on their website as directed.

VIP Member

Mentions
    812 Post(s)

I'd be asking PP themselves. If you know when or have logs to back you up, even better.

M1

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hi, I'm sorry to sound pathetic, I dint gave anything. I've tried searching my history but I can't go back that far. They have said they won't enter into any further conversation with us.

VIP Member

Mentions
    812 Post(s)

Didn't think you would to be honest.

If Premier won't help then i'd ignore them unless they send aletter before claim or court papers.

They don't do a lot of court but ..... http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Premier_Park.html

2 other things you could try,

1. Ask your ISP.

2. Send a subject access request to Premier Park and see what turns up.

M1

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hi,
    thank you so much for this. What's a subject access request?

VIP Member

Mentions
    812 Post(s)

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Again, thank you so much for all if the help so far. If I choose to ignore further comms from them what is likely to be their next step?

VIP Member

Mentions
    812 Post(s)

Send more bogroll.

They are stepping up court claims but are still only doing 1/2 so you'd need to be very unlucky to get one.

M1

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, I feel really strongly about this and although I could probably afford the £150 it's a matter of principle now. If they took me to court would I be able to defend it myself or could I end up having to pay a lot more in court costs if I lost?

VIP Member

Mentions
    812 Post(s)

Yes you could.

The most, aside from unreasonable behaviour, that it would cost is £200 or so if you lost.
    M1

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

I might come back to you then............

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hi,
    further developments even this morning.
    We have received a letter from Premier Park saying they can no longer deal with our case as it is being dealt with by our debt collection agency. They returned our check and enclosed 'copies of schedule 4'.

These appear to be 2 emails, which we have never received, one acknowledging receipt of an online appeal and one from them refusing the appeal. As I said we have never received either of these emails. Indeed, they only recently told us that they had never received an appeal from us.

Im sorry to sound a bit pathetic but I really don't know what to do now.

VIP Member

Mentions
    812 Post(s)

Did the emails have your email address correct and did the refusal contain a popla code ?

M1

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hi,
    yes there is a code. There is no email address, just my wife's name. We have gone through all our email accounts. There is nothing. Would it be worth me offering a without prejudice payment to the debt collectors?

VIP Member

Mentions
    812 Post(s)

Doubt it.

I would ask which email address they used though, to see if you can find out the issue or catch a lie.

M1

VIP Member

Mentions
    127 Post(s)

If the registered keeper is still getting hassle then write back to them suggesting that they take a good look at paragraph 5 (1) (b)

(1)
    The first condition is that the creditor—
    (a)
    has the right to enforce against the driver of the vehicle the requirement to pay the unpaid parking charges; but
    b)
    is unable to take steps to enforce that requirement against the driver because the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver.

They have been given a driver name and address already so don't repeat it.

VIP Member

Mentions
    812 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ostell View Post
    If the registered keeper is still getting hassle then write back to them suggesting that they take a good look at paragraph 5 (1) (b)

(1)
    The first condition is that the creditor—
    (a)
    has the right to enforce against the driver of the vehicle the requirement to pay the unpaid parking charges; but
    b)
    is unable to take steps to enforce that requirement against the driver because the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver.

They have been given a driver name and address already so don't repeat it.
    Has the husband been named with a serviceable address ? (i hope not since premier park notices to keeper are non compliant)

If so it will be a good defence in any future court case however i don't see where that is said ?

M1

VIP Member

Mentions
    127 Post(s)

The OP said that the driver had been named, in the first post. I had to look 3 times before I saw it again.

VIP Member

Mentions
    812 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ostell View Post
    The OP said that the driver had been named, in the first post. I had to look 3 times before I saw it again.
    Yes but they need to be supplied with "both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver."

They probably were but if you get a letter from Mrs Smith with her address on the top of the letter and all it says is Mr Smith was driving then there is a possibility that this is not enough.

M1

VIP Member

Mentions
    127 Post(s)

But it could also be the parking company saying that the name has not been supplied within 28 days, which, of course is incorrect.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

We filled their form in naming me as the driver. So, folks what do I do?
    Pay?
    Ignore?
    Offer the debt collectors a without prejudice payment?

Bit worried now TBH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast