• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Total Parking Solutions and Premier Solicitors Fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total Parking Solutions and Premier Solicitors Fine

Hello,

I would greatly appreciate any advice on an outstanding claim.

In short my wife paid for 2 hours parking (in a car registered to me) at Jempsons Store in Rye, controlled by Total Parking Solutions, and on returning to pay a further 2 hours, entered an incorrect registration no. and we have since received the fine, which we ignored.

When the letter continued I replied as follows:

'I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in
    ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

Daniel Johnston

They have rejected this with the letter attached below, with photographs of the car and signs:
    [IMG]IMG_0096.JPG[/IMG]~[IMG]IMG_0094.JPG[/IMG

Any advice?
    Tags: None

Re: Total Parking Solutions and Premier Solicitors Fine

file:///C:/Users/danth/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_Untitled_message%20(3).zip/IMG_0094.JPG

~[IMG]file:///C:/Users/danth/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_Untitled_message%20(4).zip/IMG_0096.JPG[/IMG

Comment

I attatch the sanitised reply:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by danthemanj; 24th March 2017, 20:17:PM.

Comment

Did you get a popla code ? (i don't need the code itself)

Can you sanitise and post the PCN ?

M1

Comment

No, I didn't get a popla code. Can you suggest a reply please?

Comment

Dear Tw@t,

Thank you for your letter of xxxx the content of which is noted. I note that my appeal was rejected and no popla code was sent with the rejection, a clear violation of the BPA code of practice.

Please supply said code.

Yours etc

M1

Comment

Ok, I'll try that. Here's the PCN:
              Attached Files

Comment

When was that sent ? (or dated)

M1

Comment

18/02/16

Comment

If you get a popla code let me know.

M1

Comment

Will do. Thanks.

Comment

Hello, Premier have replied today saying that 'the appeal period for this PCN has expired and that's why no POPLA cope was or will be issued. Please pay £90 by 4th April or Civil Court Proceedings will commence.'

Did I leave it too late?

Comment

Originally posted by danthemanj View Post
                          Ok, I'll try that. Here's the PCN:
                          What was the date of this notice ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                            What was the date of this notice ?

M1
                            18/02/16

Comment

Originally posted by danthemanj View Post
                              Hello, Premier have replied today saying that 'the appeal period for this PCN has expired and that's why no POPLA cope was or will be issued. Please pay £90 by 4th April or Civil Court Proceedings will commence.'

Did I leave it too late?
                              I have never come across any private parking company who will let you appeal when the notice to keeper would appear not to have arrived and the period of appeal, which the keeper never knew about, has expired.

You can

1. Pay (i wouldn't)
                              2. Ignore unless court papers or a proper letter before claim arrive. They don't like court much, yet. http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Total...Solutions.html
                              3. Give them a hard time on social media and see if they have a conscience.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X