• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Aqua Card refuse promissory note and A4V

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aqua Card refuse promissory note and A4V

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
    From my understanding, the minimum repayment should not be less than the interest charged @Debt Camel

Debt is not a criminal offence, you can not be arrested for debt. I am not sure where you heard about people being arrested for non payment of civil debts, not in the UK.
    If you are well known to the local police, debt collectors should be a walk in the park. Besides, they very very rarely call. I have had one , once and when I asked him to go away (politely) he did , with no payment
    The only way you could be was if a court ordered you to attend for example an examination of your income and expenditure and you didn't. They could then issue a warrant but I have never ever heard of that
    @charitynjw any thoughts?
    Cheers. Given that they've already broken the rules, should I just default and tell them Foxtrot Oscar? Could I send a WOIRA if the debt is passed onto a collector? Obviously I will open any mail from debt collectors, Aqua Cards or their parent company Newday Ltd!

Comment

Well I do not want to recommend any course of action, I assume you mean the notice of implied rights access

If I ever get a letters saying they will visit I sent a version of one of those, some respond and some don't. No real legal status i don't think, well unless you want to take them to court for trespass but you would need to show a loss , which if you don't answer the door is difficult

Comment

well pointed out Warwick65

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
          Well I do not want to recommend any course of action, I assume you mean the notice of implied rights access

If I ever get a letters saying they will visit I sent a version of one of those, some respond and some don't. No real legal status i don't think, well unless you want to take them to court for trespass but you would need to show a loss , which if you don't answer the door is difficult
          You are correct - sorry to not be clear. I meant a Withdrawal Of Implied Rights Of Access.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X