• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW Legal/Lowell portfolio 1 Ltd/Capital One (Europe) Ltd and me DavidN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW Legal/Lowell portfolio 1 Ltd/Capital One (Europe) Ltd and me DavidN

I have received a Claim Form from CCBC, Northampton instigated by BW Legal on behalf of their client Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd claiming £764.11 for a reassigned account from Capital one (Europe) Ltd, plus interest, legal fees and court fees amounting to a total of £956.33.

The Claim was made on the 10th of March 17 and arrived at my home on the 15th of March.

I acknowledged the claim on the MCOL website on the 16th March at 16.10 and, after extensively reading about similar cases on your forum, I accordingly ticked on the box stating that I would defend the claim in full.

I have today sent the relevant information request letters as recommended on your forum to both Lowells Portfolio 1 Ltd (including a postal order to the value of £1) with a copy to BW Legal with additional request for documentation, both letters have been sent recorded delivery today the 22nd of March 17.

When I returned from the post office I had in fact received further communication from BW Legal dated 17th of March stating that

"A County Court Judgement May Be Entered Against You
    As you are aware, we represent Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd. We have issued legal proceedings against you in the form of a County Court Claim. You have failed to respond with any proposal for payment or, alternatively, the reasons why the debt is disputed.

If you do not respond to the County Court Claim, we will enter a County Court Judgment ("CCJ") against you after the 12th of April 2017. If a CCJ is entered against you, it will remain on the Judgement Register for six years and you may have difficulty obtaining further credit."

Could anybody please confirm that I have acted accordingly in this matter so far, and what I should expect to happen next, or indeed any further action I need to take at this juncture.

I look forward to any help or comments regarding guidance in this matter.

Thank you in advance
    DavidN
    Tags: None

Re: BW Legal/Lowell portfolio 1 Ltd/Capital One (Europe) Ltd and me DavidN

You acknowledged claim therefore o.k. just a desk top letter from them look at the attached:- Check your dates || First Steps

CCA Request what you sent?|| CPR 31.14 Request sent to solicitors//??

Comment

Thank you for such a quick response MIKE770, it's much appreciated.

And Yes to both questions.

Regards
      DavidN

Comment

Defence Example

to be in by Wednesday, 12 April 2017 4.p.m. do not send too early usually day before gives them no time to challenge/correct faults you may state within/!

- - - Updated - - -
        [MENTION=61310]diana[/MENTION]M

Comment

Thanks again MIKE770, So I just have to wait now and see what they send to me, if anything at all. If no response or identifyable documents are received by the 11th of April that I can enter the relevant defence you have kindly supplied in your last post, with the necessary alterations to fit the case, I guess.

Kind regards
          DavidN

Comment

if they do not get what you ask for and the items if they sent are correct etc (come on here and let the peeps check them for you) to see if enforceable/unenforceable whichever also they may not send anything then they can advise you what to put in defence or adjust the example one above?

- - - Updated - - -

enter a defence the day before by 4p.m. for safety

Comment

Will do MIKE770, I'll keep the string up to date all the way to a conclusion as it unfolds it may prove some benefit to others.

Thank you MIKE770

Kind regards
              DavidN

Comment

[MENTION=1937]nemisis[/MENTION]45

Comment

I have received a response from BW Legal:

Our Client: Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd
                  Balance Due £936.33
                  Original Creditor 1: Capital One (Europe) Plc
                  Original Account Number 1: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We write with reference to the avove matter and your correspondence dated 22 March 2017.

We confirm your file has been placed on a hold wjilst we query this matter with Our Client.

We will contact you upon response to your query.

In the meantime, should you have further queries and wish to contact us, please do not hesitate to call us on 0113 323 1784.

Yours faithfully
                  BW Legal.

My question is now "Do I still respond with a defense on the 11th of April as advised by MIKE770, or will BW Legal automatically withdraw the CCC?"

I look forward to a response, and thank you in advance

DavidN

Comment

You must always stick by the courts timetable so yes prepare your defence !!

Comment

not on hold the cretins usual hopeful that you believe it and they get CCJ by default - such is the corrupt way lowells etc operate.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                        You must always stick by the courts timetable so yes prepare your defence !!
                        Thanks for the heads up on this Stu;719708.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                          not on hold the cretins usual hopeful that you believe it and they get CCJ by default - such is the corrupt way lowells etc operate.
                          Thanks again MIKE770;719709, they're a slippery bunch for sure, I'll post again on the 10th with an update before I make the defence on the 11th.

Comment

It's now just past 2.30pm on the 11th of April and I've received my second post, so having not received a response from my request for documents from Lowells and only having received the letter included above from BW Legal I am now going to file my defence based on the longer version of the supplied defence shown on this forum.

Comment

Hi
                              I assume you have now filed your defence?

Did you or have you sent a SAR to Capital One ? It might be useful if and when they come up with some documents

Did you also send a cpr 31.14 request and if so what did you ask for? Have they replied

I had a claim exactly a month before you so am a month ahead

The number of claims that are based on cap 1 at the moment seems huge but if 85% go undefended they are onto a winner
                              Capitalism gone bananas

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X