• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

restricting information

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restricting information

Hi everybody, i am not sure if I have posted in the right bit here, but here goes..

I had a ccj against me, and lost. I need to proceed with something, I need to know the opposition lawyers name and the court are telling me they don't have his name, just a reference number for him. I do not believe this. I smell a rat here. How do I get the information? A SARS request? t
    Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: restricting information

If you know the claimant ask them is there a reason you need Solicitors name

Comment

Thank you, I do know the claimant but have been advised to only correspond via letter. Yes there is a reason I need the solicitors name. Could there be a reason they won't provide his name, I read somewhere in a magazine article that certain DCA will use a law student, who are not qualified .. can I find the article now? No, ! I have cut it out and can't find it...

Comment

I would expect you would find the solicitor whose signature is on any documents would be qualified how would you prove a unqualified person had anything to do with this claim is this your defence against the CCJ

Comment

No no this is not my claim against the ccj, my point is i have a witness who heard him say, he didnt mind being there all day, because he hated college..well that can only mean one thing can't it...if i had his name i could run it againt a list of those qualified to practice, because its my suspicion that they have used an un qualified one to keep their costs down, and I think I am right, and bein met with a wall of silence, curiously...

Comment

With his name what do you think you can achieve? seems strange maybe one of the solicitors on here can give some help

Comment

It seems strange that if the information is being denied to me, after all if there is nothing to hide and no cover up or abuse of process, then why the secrecy? With his name, as I have already said, I can run it alongside the list of qualified solicitors, and if it does not appear then I am told it is an abuse of process, and he had no rights of an audience you see...which of course would null and void everything wouldn't it. What I can achieve, is stopping other people being hoodwinked, you see. I can see no reason for people choosing to obstruct and display anal retentive behaviour, regarding disclosure of his name. It seems I have opened a can of worms here.
              Last edited by sonya roberts; 22nd March 2017, 12:15:PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Would a transcript of the case name this person? a question someone on here may be able to answer

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X