• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED **Hoist portfolio county court claim help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hoist portfolio county court claim help!

Originally posted by VanessaL15 View Post
    Hi Nem,

Thank you for your reply.

This is what I've got so far having amended the defence template. I've tried to add in a bit about the terms and conditions as you've mentioned.

I received the claim xxxxxxx from the County Court Business Centre on xx March xxxx.

2: Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3: The claim is for an overdraft facility.

4: The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards to the claim.

5. The Claimants statement of case states that the account was assigned from MKDP LLP (Ex HSBC) to Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 LTD on xxxxxxx. The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

6: On the xxxxxxx I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimants statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Howard Cohen and Co. I requested the Claimant provide copies of the Notice of Assignment.

7. Howard Cohen and Co has not sent any of these documents to me.

8: I have asked the Claimant if we may agree to extend the time period allowed for filing of my defence pending receipt of documents (as allowed under CPR 15.5), but they have failed to respond.

9. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore It is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

10. The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate details of the agreement including the terms and conditions of the
    overdraft facility.

11. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

12. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

13. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed …………………………………………

Dated .................................................. ....
    Hello Vanessa,

That's good I can't see on reading back that there is anything more to add.

nem

Comment

Hi vanessa
      have you filed your defence yet?

I think, but am not sure that the claimants should have been sending you regular statements, if they haven't that could be used in your defence.
      I wouldn't like to tell you which section of the CCA it is but maybe [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION] [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] could give you more guidance

If you have already sent your defence in then it can wait for the witness statement

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
        Hi vanessa
        have you filed your defence yet?

I think, but am not sure that the claimants should have been sending you regular statements, if they haven't that could be used in your defence.
        I wouldn't like to tell you which section of the CCA it is but maybe @Amethyst @pt2537 @nemesis45 @Diana M could give you more guidance

If you have already sent your defence in then it can wait for the witness statement
        Hi warwick65

The court claim is for an overdraft.
        Is the CCA applicable?

NB - I tried to PM you but it came back 'return to sender', lol!
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Hi warwick65

The court claim is for an overdraft.
          Is the CCA applicable?
          I thought that now especially, the consumer credit act did cover overdrafts although of course S77-79 requests are not valid

As I said, I may be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
            I thought that now especially, the consumer credit act did cover overdrafts although of course S77-79 requests are not valid

As I said, I may be wrong
            My apologies, I wasn't clear in my post.
            Overdrafts are covered by the CCA, but with some exemptions (notably part V).
            I was just trying to clarify (in my own mind) whether o/d's have a statutory requirement for regular notices for sums in arrear, & , if so, what the sanctions are for failure to do so.

NB.....I'm looking back to Coutts v Sebestyen to see if that case sheds light......
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

No worries, hence me throwing it back for others.

All depends at the moment if the defence has been sent.

Comment

Hi

Haven't filed defence yet! Was just about to file it but haven't been able to as MCOL keeps there is a technical error. What do I do as wont be able to contact court until after Monday due to bank holiday and defence has to be filed by 4pm Monday.

thanks

Comment

bank holiday will allow 4.p.m. tuesday or use

or submit now:-

ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

Comment

Thanks Mike just been panicking wasn't going to get it in in time! So I can email the defence to the above email address?

Comment

yes receipt should come automatically once submitted

- - - Updated - - -

has anybody on here seen your defence ? if not put copy here redacting personal details and account numbers>?

Comment

I posted it and nem said it looked good so I thought it was ready to go, but see a few posts up about adding something to the defence about annual statements but not sure if it applies here?

Comment

if advised mention it! then send off

Comment

Hi,

Have just received allocation to small claims track directions questionnaire in the post, dated on the last day they had to respond for a minute I thought they might have forgot but no such luck! Have not received anything else yet. So is it a case of just filling this in and sending it back and does this have to be sent recorded? and then what next?

thanks

Comment

Who has sent the DQ, the court, or Hoist?
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

The court

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X