• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED **Hoist portfolio county court claim help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hoist portfolio county court claim help!

n eeds completeing then

Comment

Thanks Mike

Will get it sent off.

Comment

Sorry just a quick question do I tick yes to mediation as haven't been given any documents/ enough information in order to negotiate?

Comment

yes to mediation shows willing =, when mediation ring they ask have you all the documentation to proceed mediation, no documentation means = they will say not suitable to mediation and pass back to court process

Comment

Ok thanks.

Comment

Hi, I sent my DQ to the court agreeing to mediation. Have today received a copy of Hoist Portfolio's DQ to the court from Howard Cohen. I'm assuming that the mediation service will contact me obviously mediation will not be possible as lack of documents. Just wondering what happens next, will they take me to court?

Comment

mediation will ask if you have the documents etc needed - you say no then they will state not suitable for mediation - then pass back to the court for next stage, the case continues to next requirement by the court

Comment

sorry to if this sounds stupid but what is the next stage. The court hearing?

Comment

no a few more court requirements/proceedure to go yet! court will require witness statements etc from you and the other side, depends what the other side come up with if anything as to next stage, every case can be different in as much that a claimant can not furnish required documents etc etc and then not action court request - then after a deadline the case would be stayed ( parked up) and a fee from the claimant to unstay it if ever they wanted to go a head, this stage is a game of who breaks first? so no panic then help on here will get you thru any follow up requirements you post on here!

Comment

Thanks Mike! Just a case of waiting and seeing what they come up with next then. Just another quick question on the DQ I completed in witnesses section I put 1 for witnesses as it said including yourself I assumed I would be giving evidence on behalf of myself should I have put this?

Comment

yes correct

Comment

Oh good just wanted to check as on the DQ sent by Hoist they have put none in the witnesses section does this mean they won't be attending court?

Comment

at this stage would not be possibly the case, as they could send someone on the day if they intended to continue

Comment

Ah I see thanks for clarification on that Mike.

Comment

Hi Vanessa

Just because you do not have the documents does not mean you can not engage in mediation. If you wished, and it is if you wished, you could use it to negotiate a sizeable reduction on the bill (possibly)

It is your call but are they likely do you think to stump up the agreement

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X