• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Met parking - Hollys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met parking - Hollys

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
    Don't throw anything away !

M1
    M1, sorry to contact you in this way but I have been online for hours trying to find a post from you I saw a few weeks ago and I cannot for the life of me find the information I'm looking for, and in the process I am stressing out!!

My partner has received a parking fine from MET Parking. I sent the following letter I found on here from you:

'I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver was a customer of Costa and did not see the signage. In any event the charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss as well as being an amount larger than permitted under the BPA code of practice to which you subscribe.

I will not name the driver as I am under no statutory obligation to do so.

Please accept my appeal or supply a POPLA code.'

MET Parking have replied and have rejected the letter (like I expected thanks to your wise words!) but have supplied a POPLA code. Now what do I do? I can't find the thread I read from you originally anywhere.

Any ideas M1 (totally appreciate you must have a huge backlog of desperate people like myself nagging you ) or anyone else for that matter !?

Thanks everyone!

Holly
    Tags: None

Re: Met parking - Hollys

Can you sanitise and scan the PCN so i can see it ?

My backlog is 1 defence and 1 popla (unless i'm missing some but they'll just need to bump their threads if i missed them) so better than usual

M1

Comment

I have sanitised and taken a photo of the most recent letter - hope that's okay! I can send the first letter too, and if the quality isn't good enough my scanner is standing by! (My partner just asked if I could blur out his license plate so hope that's not an issue )

Add one more POPLA to that - thank you so much! I got far too excited you replied haha!

Holly
      Attached Files

Comment

The one like

M1

Comment

I apologise for the quality of these. James' mum sent them to us by mobile phone. I do not have the original copy at the time being so I hope you can make out what you need to make out!
          Attached Files

Comment

I'll get back to you.

In the meantime, have you tried any stores to get it cancelled (receipts are very handy for this).

Also any pictures of the signs would help.

M1

Comment

Hey M1. Sorry about the delay! I work ridiculous hours and haven't had a chance to get on here.

James went and spoke to Costa and they weren't too helpful. I went and took a picture of the sign (attached). When I went up there, I did noticed a lot of signs - however I'm not sure how long all of them have been there, I've never notices that many before! I asked around though and no one had any idea it was 2 hours max. You wouldn't really go and look at the signs as it's free to park and there is literally nothing there except a Maccys, Costa, Subway... Just wanted to give you an idea . What do you think our next move is?

Thanks again! Hope you're having a good weekend! Holly
              Attached Files

Comment

Hey Mystery1. Did you get a chance to have a think what I should do next ? (Sorry if I seem like I'm nagging, just wanted to double check you'd seen my previous message!) Hope you're well! Thank you!!

Comment

Edit to suit, especially #4 and upload to popla as per http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html

Hollyspopla.rtf

M1

Comment

Thank you Mystery1! This is awesome. Can't thank you enough. I went through the whole document today, all ready for POPLA, then went on the website and realised my POPLA code has expired - nightmare! I've written to MET asking for a new POPLA code. Any thoughts if there is anything else to do?

Once again thank you so much! Hope you're having a good weekend!

Holly

Comment

Send in the appeal anyway even if it is slightly past the date. It is rumoured that there is not a fast cutoff. I doubt if you will get a new POPLA code.

Comment

Hey Ostell! Should I do that by post then? What should I supply as part of my case? I can't log on to POPLA because of the expired code so can't see all the sections I would have filled in. Thank you, Holly

Comment

Ok so it looks as though you are well past the date. Try sending it by post and see what happens.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X