• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moon Beaver and an old debt - what should I offer them to end the nightmare?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moon Beaver and an old debt - what should I offer them to end the nightmare?

Hi everyone, long time no see.

Quick story: Was subject to a disciplinary in Feb 2012 and went to get some 'proper' legal advice from a solicitors in Manchester first. Must have received a bill at some point, probably while reading the letter telling me I no longer had a job. Deep depression put me into a padded cell for much of that year. In the meantime, CCJ against me for £1,269.25 + Judgment costs of £182.00 - Fair enough, never had a CCJ before, but not functioning properly at the time..

Finally got my act together in July 2012 after some very big burly chaps kept knocking on the door for a few weeks (at my new address - yes I'd had to move) and finding money somewhat tight i offered £20 a month until i could afford more. I have one letter acknowledging this, but no bill or breakdown of costs or anything to describe the additions which I have TODAY become aware of (from asking for it). Costs of Execution £111.75, Accrued Interest £113.53, or Disbursements at £639. Total now £2,315.93. Apparently interest is still going on it at 30p per day !!!:0 I seem to remember the 'nice' lady at HCEG telling me only to pay £20 a month if I couldn't really afford £50. Crikey.

No statements, no total, no contact from High Court Enforcement Group on behalf of their client Moon Beever until today. Apparently my balance still outstanding is £1,195.93 - I have paid off £1,120 at £20 per month.

Can anyone please advise me: a) can they add this lot? b) I can't sort out what I still owe off the original bill, who I owe what to and therefore what would be acceptable as an offer.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks guys n gals.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X