• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Accelerated Possession - Help with s21 and n5b form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerated Possession - Help with s21 and n5b form

Hi Guys

Hoping someone could help on some questions I have regarding the s21/n5b form for accelerated possession.

For clarity, I am actually preparing two n5b forms at the moment for two different tenants (A&B) at two different properties (lucky me huh? lol)

1)Evidence C2 - solicitor sent the s21 to tenant A. He does not have proof of posting, and tells me it is not required. That may be the case if he (a solicitor) raised the n5b, but I think it may be different if it comes from me (not a solicitor). I do have his invoice for raising the s21 on letter headed paper, and the covering letter he sent to the tenant that is dated (but as it was emailed to me its not on letter headed paper). Would that deemed adequate evidence for service?
    2)A letting agent sent the other s21 to tenant B by recorded delivery. The tenant has not accepted the letter. I assume this is therefore deemed as not served?
    3)This same agent sent same s21 letter by ordinary first class post at the same time. What proof do I need from them to prove service? They are suggesting a written statement from them will suffice?
    4)Both deposits are held with the DPS. I am confused on the evidence required for Section 7 as the n5b form requests:
    ai)a copy of the Deposit Protection Certificate or Insurance Premium Certificate is enclosed - this I take to be the form from the DPS that has your repayment code on it. Obviously I will redact the code.
    iv)A copy of the TDS certificate is attached - What is this - is this the same as the Deposit Protection Certificate they mention in ai)?

Hoping this is clear and thank you for any help - really appreciate it!
    Last edited by missmooch; 20th March 2017, 12:47:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Accelerated Possession - Help with s21 and n5b form

[MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Hi, elements of the above post are relevant to me also. I'd be grateful if MissMooch's questions are responded to.

Many thanks,
    Kiwi

Comment

Re: Accelerated Possession - Help with s21 and n5b form

Hi

Didnt see this when it was asked,

for 1 to 3, You can ask for proof of postage, its cheeper than recored delivery, that covers it usualy.

For 4, i think its the DPS reciet number
      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X