Thread: Warrant for arrest !!!!!!!

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Warrant for arrest !!!!!!!

Hi could I have some advice please, I was fined a year or so ago for no tv license, the fine was being taken straight from my benefits. I came off benefits a few months back so the fine stopped being paid. I received a letter a month or so back and ignored it, burying my head as usual, last week at 8am 2 men turned up at my house. They were here with a arrest warrant and wanted me to pay the fine in full. I didn't have it so they gave me until tomorrow to pay. I still don't have it so I was going to go to court and hand myself in but I have a 2 week old baby and nobody to look after her, my other 4 children are in school all day and I'm scared that they will keep me in all day and I will miss pick up time. The man who came last week told me I wasn't allowed to take the baby to court with me and I would have to get her minded if I was going to hand myself in but I really have nobody to turn to nor the money to pay the fine in full.
    should I just take a chance and turn up at court with the baby ??

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Warrant for arrest !!!!!!!

What the hell is going on! arrest warrant for no TV licence ? hopefully someone can advise you better than me

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

What should happen is
    You phone / contact the court ASAP
    they arrange for a hearing and stop bailliffs
    you attend on the given time and date and give reason why you did not keep up payments and show your income & expenditure
    make an offer to restart affordable payments

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

I'm going to ring them this morning but if I have to go on going to have to take the baby otherwise the man said they will just come back and arrest me

VIP Member

Mentions
    146 Post(s)

Sorry this may sound dumb but if you have a two week old I assume you are now either on benefits or have a partner who is supporting you?

Common sense says a court would give you time to sort things out

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

You will not have to go straight to court they will set a date
    As for common sense don't expect it

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Just for the record above all they want money
    Send the enforcement agent a text or email saying
    I xxxxxxx at address xxxxx put you on full legal notice that I am in the process of contacting the court to resolve this matter. I am in a very vulnerable position having recently given birth and suffering from post natal depression. I have young children and a baby that need my care.
    I will keep you informed of the decision by the court

VIP Member

Mentions
    146 Post(s)

Please do not lie, if you have been diagnosed with post natal depression then yes you can tell them but should you be asked for proof when you haven't it won't help your case

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

No no you must not lie you may get into trouble
    But if you have self diagnosed a mild form of PND and believe it to be true that's different
    Please keep us updated on how you get on and good luck on pulling through this difficult time

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suffering View Post
    No no you must not lie you may get into trouble
    But if you have self diagnosed a mild form of PND and believe it to be true that's different
    Please keep us updated on how you get on and good luck on pulling through this difficult time
    Don't worry not going to lie to them, I have rang this morning and they have said I can surrender on Wednesday , I'm just worried about how long it will take.
    I have a 12 year old who has severe special needs and I need to be home in time for his bus to bring him home from school,
    im just going to have to go and explain to them and hopefully they won't keep me in overnight

VIP Member

Mentions
    146 Post(s)

Do you have a Social Worker?

They may be able to offer some help and support or a backup just in case you are delayed

Site Owner

Mentions
    193 Post(s)

What bailiff firm is handling this?
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

As far as I'm aware it wasn't a bailif firm, the two men said they was from court and they had an arrest warrant, the only reason they didn't take me was because I had the baby with me

Site Owner

Mentions
    193 Post(s)

Hmmmm almost certainly will be a firm this has been outsourced to. Capita, Marstons etc. Have you any paperwork? We need to get you flagged up properly as vulnerable with the right company.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hi mummyof5 the threat of arrest has not gone away yet. In order for people to help you you need to respond to any questions
    I.e. Do you have a social worker and who were the Bailiffs. You need to be prepared for your court visit

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

The only paperwork they gave me was a card with something on, it was from the court, I'll be home in half an hour if I could send it to you

- - - Updated - - -

No I don't have a social worker, I have a support worker tho

Site Owner

Mentions
    193 Post(s)

OK hun, let us know what the paperwork says when you're home xx

Give that support worker a call! There should definitely exist channels to support you, finding them is the tricky thing these days. Do you have a partner?

Site Owner

Mentions
    193 Post(s)

ooooh one last question, which court is involved please?

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

I think it was dealt at Leigh but they told me to go to manchester

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

It wasn't a bailiff it was the court ceo whatever they are

VIP Member

Mentions
    204 Post(s)

Court Enforcement Officer = new name for bailiff

Inactive

Mentions
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mummyof5. View Post
    Hi could I have some advice please, I was fined a year or so ago for no tv license, the fine was being taken straight from my benefits. I came off benefits a few months back so the fine stopped being paid.

I received a letter a month or so back and ignored it, burying my head as usual, last week at 8am 2 men turned up at my house. They were here with a arrest warrant and wanted me to pay the fine in full. I didn't have it so they gave me until tomorrow to pay.

I still don't have it so I was going to go to court and hand myself in but I have a 2 week old baby and nobody to look after her, my other 4 children are in school all day and I'm scared that they will keep me in all day and I will miss pick up time.

The man who came last week told me I wasn't allowed to take the baby to court with me and I would have to get her minded if I was going to hand myself in but I really have nobody to turn to nor the money to pay the fine in full.
    should I just take a chance and turn up at court with the baby ??
    You have said in a post a short while ago that the notice that you received was from the court. Are you certain that the card was not from a bailiff company? I think that you also mentioned that you telephoned the court. Have you checked the telephone number to see that it was the court that you spoke with (and not the enforcement company).

If it is the case that the card is from the court, then you really do not have a lot to worry about. All the court will be wanting is to know the reason WHY you have defaulted and depending on the amount outstanding, and your present financial position, the court may even remit (write off) some of the fine. You will be required to complete a Statement of Means MC100 ( I will post a link in a few moments).

Inactive

Mentions
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mummyof5. View Post
    Hi could I have some advice please, I was fined a year or so ago for no tv license, the fine was being taken straight from my benefits. I came off benefits a few months back so the fine stopped being paid. I received a letter a month or so back and ignored it, burying my head as usual.
    Sorry, I forgot to ask:

How much was the fine?
    How much was paid back?
    The letter that you received a month ago....who was it from?

VIP Member

Mentions
    98 Post(s)