• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Warrant for arrest !!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrant for arrest !!!!!!!

Hi could I have some advice please, I was fined a year or so ago for no tv license, the fine was being taken straight from my benefits. I came off benefits a few months back so the fine stopped being paid. I received a letter a month or so back and ignored it, burying my head as usual, last week at 8am 2 men turned up at my house. They were here with a arrest warrant and wanted me to pay the fine in full. I didn't have it so they gave me until tomorrow to pay. I still don't have it so I was going to go to court and hand myself in but I have a 2 week old baby and nobody to look after her, my other 4 children are in school all day and I'm scared that they will keep me in all day and I will miss pick up time. The man who came last week told me I wasn't allowed to take the baby to court with me and I would have to get her minded if I was going to hand myself in but I really have nobody to turn to nor the money to pay the fine in full.
    should I just take a chance and turn up at court with the baby ??
    Tags: None

Re: Warrant for arrest !!!!!!!

What the hell is going on! arrest warrant for no TV licence ? hopefully someone can advise you better than me

Comment

What should happen is
      You phone / contact the court ASAP
      they arrange for a hearing and stop bailliffs
      you attend on the given time and date and give reason why you did not keep up payments and show your income & expenditure
      make an offer to restart affordable payments

Comment

I'm going to ring them this morning but if I have to go on going to have to take the baby otherwise the man said they will just come back and arrest me

Comment

Sorry this may sound dumb but if you have a two week old I assume you are now either on benefits or have a partner who is supporting you?

Common sense says a court would give you time to sort things out

Comment

You will not have to go straight to court they will set a date
            As for common sense don't expect it

Comment

Just for the record above all they want money
              Send the enforcement agent a text or email saying
              I xxxxxxx at address xxxxx put you on full legal notice that I am in the process of contacting the court to resolve this matter. I am in a very vulnerable position having recently given birth and suffering from post natal depression. I have young children and a baby that need my care.
              I will keep you informed of the decision by the court

Comment

Please do not lie, if you have been diagnosed with post natal depression then yes you can tell them but should you be asked for proof when you haven't it won't help your case

Comment

No no you must not lie you may get into trouble
                  But if you have self diagnosed a mild form of PND and believe it to be true that's different
                  Please keep us updated on how you get on and good luck on pulling through this difficult time

Comment

Originally posted by suffering View Post
                    No no you must not lie you may get into trouble
                    But if you have self diagnosed a mild form of PND and believe it to be true that's different
                    Please keep us updated on how you get on and good luck on pulling through this difficult time
                    Don't worry not going to lie to them, I have rang this morning and they have said I can surrender on Wednesday , I'm just worried about how long it will take.
                    I have a 12 year old who has severe special needs and I need to be home in time for his bus to bring him home from school,
                    im just going to have to go and explain to them and hopefully they won't keep me in overnight

Comment

Do you have a Social Worker?

They may be able to offer some help and support or a backup just in case you are delayed

Comment

What bailiff firm is handling this?
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

As far as I'm aware it wasn't a bailif firm, the two men said they was from court and they had an arrest warrant, the only reason they didn't take me was because I had the baby with me

Comment

Hmmmm almost certainly will be a firm this has been outsourced to. Capita, Marstons etc. Have you any paperwork? We need to get you flagged up properly as vulnerable with the right company.
                            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi mummyof5 the threat of arrest has not gone away yet. In order for people to help you you need to respond to any questions
                              I.e. Do you have a social worker and who were the Bailiffs. You need to be prepared for your court visit

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X