• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccj claim form defence help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccj claim form defence help please

Hi, Im new to this forum so trying to get some advice about my current situation.

I have received a CCj claim form from Northampton county court business centre which says that a claimant HOIST PORTFOLIO HOLDINGS 2 LTD have claimed £1635.62 plus costs, equaling total £1820.62 for the original creditor MKDP LLP (EX LLOYDS BANKING GROUP) for overdrawn sums not repaid.

I have contacted all 3 credit reference agencies, and they say that the debt dropped off my credit files on 14/01/2017 - as the default date was 13/01/2011. I have NOT made any payments or acknowledged this debt since the default, so under the limitations act, it should be statute barred.

On the Particulars of claim, (shown as an attachment so you can see it) it dates the interest from 15/03/2011 - 15/03/2017 (the date the CJ claim was issued) so I wonder why the claimant has listed 6 years from 15/03/2011, and not 6 years from the default date which was 14/01/2011?

I have submitted an AOS to the court using the money claims online service, and now need to word my defence for the court.

Can anyone help with this? - What wording should I use in my letter?

Also, What is the process from now on after my defence is received at the court?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Liam
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X