Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Mis sold NatWest Advantage Gold Account Help Plz

  • Share
  • Thread Tools
  • Display
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Mis sold NatWest Advantage Gold Account Help Plz

    Hi I applied to reclaim mis sold advantage gold account with the NatWest, from year 2000 til 2010. I used Martin Lewis reclaim website form. I got a response from the NatWest saying they can't find any record of me having a packaged account, but I did ! I was paying £12 a month for the account, because I was told it would guarantee I would be accepted for a loan. Any ideas what I can do in response to this ? Has anyone had this response from the NatWest before saying unable to find any such account ? Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,756
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

    Default Re: Mis sold NatWest Advantage Gold Account Help Plz

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay198282 View Post
    Hi I applied to reclaim mis sold advantage gold account with the NatWest, from year 2000 til 2010. I used Martin Lewis reclaim website form. I got a response from the NatWest saying they can't find any record of me having a packaged account, but I did ! I was paying £12 a month for the account, because I was told it would guarantee I would be accepted for a loan. Any ideas what I can do in response to this ? Has anyone had this response from the NatWest before saying unable to find any such account ? Thanks
    Excellent news. This is my specialisation.

    One thing I'm not sure about though is why this thread is in claim management companies forum cos if it's one of them companies then I ain't happy at helping .

    Anyhow, I happen to have asked and begged Martin Lewis' team to have a reclaim guide MONTHS before they actually did so. Ok, you didn't pay £12 all the way through from 2000 to 2012..I'll post this up and I'll get you the cost for each year from 2000 to 2010 and when the change happened.

    However, can you clarify whether you have online banking with natwest and can go back to at least 2010? Do you have bank statement from that period from 2000 until 2010(I know some people do not keep them that far back(I don't but have em for about 10 years...i'm a bit odd in that regards).

    Will repost in about 5 minutes once I get the other stuff I know is here
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,756
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

    Default Re: Mis sold NatWest Advantage Gold Account Help Plz

    Can't find the thread on here that I put on here(I thought about bank charges, so I found somewhere else I put it and copy and pasted it to here)

    How much was Advantage Gold and what was the amounts in question?
    I am taking my starting point from when it was unclear so October 2002 so, for those that, are claiming so we have the charges as follows:
    October 2002 The Advanntage Gold fee was £6
    September 2003 The fee went up to £9
    From July 2005 it was £10
    From June 2006 it was £12
    From April 28th 2008 it is £12.95
    A quick note though, during 2002/3 there was a special charge for certain people trialling the newer Advantage
    Gold benefits which was £7.50.


    And before anyone else tries to google it and find that it's on a thread by someone called NatWestStaffMember, that's cos that was the username I used when I worked for the bank. I don't anymore.

    In regards to finding notes about Advantage Gold. NatWest did have an archived notes system from the Old NatWest Group system which RBS updated in October 2002. Up to the point I went from the bank in 2008 there was a back office system which allowed you to look at that system. It was still in existence after I left as I did a Subject Access Request which meant that the notes system was accessible which would show when an account was converted because it left a trace on the system in the form of an automated note on the account. That would clearly show the date when it was changed to Advantage Gold.

    In terms of simply the issue of Advantage Gold: did you have Roadside assistance that you paid for during this period ie AA or RAC or Green Flag? That was part of the account. If you had got the loan you would have had a lower interest rate. If you went on holiday you had free travel insurance(so did you have a passport during those years or did you go abroad and buy insurance?). Did you buy travel insurance?
    There were discounts on mortgages through natwest, did you have a mortgage?
    There was mobile phone insurance(that still exists today) did you have a mobile phone or use the insurance?
    Did you have an overdraft? Did you use it as you would have had preferential rate on the overdraft?

    OK, this long post meant that I went over my 5 minutes
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Mis sold NatWest Advantage Gold Account Help Plz

    Hi thanks for your help 😀.
    Am not with the NatWest anymore so don't have access to online banking. I had the Advantage Gold account from when it first started. I opened the account in 1999, and think I upgraded my account in year 2000. I went into the branch to apply for a loan, in the meeting I was told if I upgrade my account it would guarantee loan acceptance, lower interest rate, as would improve my credit rating, also came with list of benefits mobile phone insurance, travel insurance, also discounts in certain places, but I never used any of these. Also I did have a overdraft which I used for the special rate. So I upgraded my account, then applied for a loan of 3000, which I was approved.
    I haven't any of my bank statements, but I think I found a screen shot of my online banking with account number and sort code on, from 2009.
    I had the account until 2010, paying all the fees each month, from I think year 2000.
    I have had a reply from the NatWest saying they can't find any evidence I had a packaged account, are they pulling the wool over my eyes 👀 ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,756
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

    Default Re: Mis sold NatWest Advantage Gold Account Help Plz

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay198282 View Post
    Hi thanks for your help ��.
    Am not with the NatWest anymore so don't have access to online banking. I had the Advantage Gold account from when it first started. I opened the account in 1999, and think I upgraded my account in year 2000. I went into the branch to apply for a loan, in the meeting I was told if I upgrade my account it would guarantee loan acceptance, lower interest rate, as would improve my credit rating, also came with list of benefits mobile phone insurance, travel insurance, also discounts in certain places, but I never used any of these. Also I did have a overdraft which I used for the special rate. So I upgraded my account, then applied for a loan of 3000, which I was approved.
    I haven't any of my bank statements, but I think I found a screen shot of my online banking with account number and sort code on, from 2009.
    I had the account until 2010, paying all the fees each month, from I think year 2000.
    I have had a reply from the NatWest saying they can't find any evidence I had a packaged account, are they pulling the wool over my eyes �� ?
    If you had a loan and an overdraft then there was certainly a benefit that you knew about and enjoyed. Ask them politely to look at the NatWest Group archived accounts records which would show that you had the account in the year 2000.

    Can you post up what natwest have sent out and please can you take out any identifying markers like your name/address, Account number/sort code and then post it up as I just want to see the physical wording of the letter?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Mis sold NatWest Advantage Gold Account Help Plz

    Hi please find attached copy of letter.

    I wouldn't of signed up to the advantage gold account if i knew it wouldnt make a differnece to my credit rating or being approved for a loan.

    Thanks again
    Last edited by Jay198282; 19th March 2017 at 15:02:PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,756
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

    Default Re: Mis sold NatWest Advantage Gold Account Help Plz

    You missed your surname from the upload, so can you take it off.

    Ok, have you kept any other information in regards to the fact that you have held the advantage gold account? Do you have any of their letters that they would have sent out? Have you kept any bank statements from NatWest? Did you provide an account number and sort code?

    You said you paid £12 a month. On Post 3 can you confirm with certainty that you paid those amounts given?
    I don't doubt that they looked but you might have to work for this one. Remember Archive system that RBS Group have that might hold info which they might not have considered.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Mis sold NatWest Advantage Gold Account Help Plz

    Hi i don't have any letters or bank statements from the Natwest. I didn't provide an account number just my sort code, but i think i have found these details, because i have a screen shot in my sent box on hotmail, from my Natwest online banking, which shows my account number and sort code., which i knew the sort code because it was my local Natwest branch.
    Yes i can confirm i paid the amounts on Post 3, i just remember it eventually was at £12, as the fee changed over the years i had the account, which i don't think at the time i was sent out any letters confirming the increase in this packaged account.
    Is there anyway can i request information going back this far, and get bank statements from the Natwest. I don't mind paying a fee for this

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,756
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

    Default Re: Mis sold NatWest Advantage Gold Account Help Plz

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay198282 View Post
    Hi i don't have any letters or bank statements from the Natwest. I didn't provide an account number just my sort code, but i think i have found these details, because i have a screen shot in my sent box on hotmail, from my Natwest online banking, which shows my account number and sort code., which i knew the sort code because it was my local Natwest branch.
    Yes i can confirm i paid the amounts on Post 3, i just remember it eventually was at £12, as the fee changed over the years i had the account, which i don't think at the time i was sent out any letters confirming the increase in this packaged account.
    Is there anyway can i request information going back this far, and get bank statements from the Natwest. I don't mind paying a fee for this
    Go back to them with the account number and sort code and also say that you are aware that the bank hold an archived system of the old NatWest Bank archive which would clearly show that your account was upgraded and the date that it was upgraded....
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Similar Threads

  1. Reclaim Mis-sold NatWest Advantage Gold Package Accounts – Successful Case Study
    By Legal Beagles in forum Latest News and Information
    Replies: 72
    : 25th May 2017, 07:17:AM
  2. NatWest advantage gold
    By craignation in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 0
    : 23rd June 2016, 08:37:AM
  3. mis sold natwest gold account
    By Calabi in forum Banks and Building Societies
    Replies: 0
    : 21st February 2015, 08:43:AM
  4. Advantage Gold Account PPI and unresolved joint account
    By Mark686cmw in forum RBS / Natwest
    Replies: 5
    : 16th January 2015, 23:14:PM
  5. Natwest Advantage Gold account. Do I have a claim?
    By pudding123 in forum RBS / Natwest
    Replies: 2
    : 8th December 2014, 19:58:PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contact Us



© Celame (UK) Ltd 2016
Hosted by Lodge Information Services Ltd
LegalBeagles® are DPA Registered No. ZA158014
LegalBeagles® is the trading name of CELAME (UK) LIMITED ( 09220332 )
Registered Address: 25 Moorgate, London, England, EC2R 6AY
VAT registration number 206 9740 02
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.3 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Celame (UK) Ltd Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
TOP