• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Working Tax credit Disability element.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Tax credit Disability element.

Hi everyone,

I was recently awarded Pip standard rate mobility. I scored 10 points for planning and following a journey (I am agoraphobic) and I scored a total of 6 points for the daily living element ( I needed 8 to qualify).

On Saturday March 11th I telephoned HMRC to let them know and to see if I was eligible for the working tax credits disability element (I currently receive WTC as I work from home self employed) they took my details, and said I would hear back within 42 days.

I am just wondering if anyone on here might know how likely I am to qualify for the disabled worker element based on the PIP points I scored?

I disagree with some of the decisions made on my Pip claim, for example they have decided I can walk more than 200 metres, I can't do that outside because of my agoraphobia, and dizziness, and I often have to have a short break inside due to the dizziness and sometimes an attack of extreme vertigo.

In the decision letter the decision makers acknowledges that I have tics that affect my arms, and that I have a slight loss of power in my right hand, he also acknowledges that I cannot undertake any journey due to mental distress.

Any information at all would be great,

Thanks guys :-)
    Tags: None

Re: Working Tax credit Disability element.

Hi again, you may wish to go through these links, the tax credit system is not simple and the outcome depends on personal and financial details.
    Anything you qualify for should show up on there, if you are not happy with that try your local Welfare Office they are very good and know all the ins and outs of the benefit system.

http://benefits-calculator.turn2us.o...campaign=GovUK

http://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits...c.aspx?e2dwp=y

Comment

Hi Enaid, sorry it's taken me a few days to respond I did intend to reply thanking you for the links a few days ago.

I'm back now just to update that I have been awarded the disability element of tax credits, fully backdated. I am still in shock :0

Comment

Thanks for the update, without any personal details can you explain the criteria for this benefit please?
        Is it just income related ? do you have to be working so many hours etc, ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X