• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Judgement Against ME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Judgement Against ME

Hi,

I need some help with a county court judgement.

Its actually for my sister. Her son received bailiffs at the door a couple of months ago. At the start the bailiff said that they had been looking for him and couldn't locate him and that the judgement was for a driving offence???? When he said he doesn't drive and is only 18 they said it was a transport for London fine. They told him the dates and he said he wasn't in the country, they have since changed the dates???. Anyway, they gave him a month to deal with the issue through the courts if it was a mistaken identity. after the month was over and they couldn't find anywhere to help them the bailiffs came back. They didn't gain entry. The problem is this. WHAT DO WE DO????

How do you overturn a county court judgement, how do we proof its a mistaken identity? We went to a solicitor who said he couldn't help and to speak to the courts. Any help would be useful. The amount is also outregous 800 quid for apparently a tfl fine?

The received no letter before the judgement and the bailiffs.
    Tags: None

Re: County Court Judgement Against ME

This does not sound like a CCJ but a Magistrates Court Fine which is a lot more serious. If it is not him then he needs to find what Court and file a Statutory Declaration saying it is not him.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
      This does not sound like a CCJ but a Magistrates Court Fine which is a lot more serious. If it is not him then he needs to find what Court and file a Statutory Declaration saying it is not him.
      Thank you for replying. All we have is the bailiffs letter it has no information about courts etc or the details of the fine. How do we go about finding out the court.

Can we request the bailiffs to send us any details they have?? seems far fetched that they want to help us.

Comment

Which Bailiffs are involved?

Comment

Marston Holdings

Comment

Thank you, I will get back to you later.

Comment

Thank YOU! i really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by VeryMariana View Post
                Hi,

I need some help with a county court judgement.

Its actually for my sister. Her son received bailiffs at the door a couple of months ago. At the start the bailiff said that they had been looking for him and couldn't locate him and that the judgement was for a driving offence???? When he said he doesn't drive and is only 18 they said it was a transport for London fine. They told him the dates and he said he wasn't in the country, they have since changed the dates???. Anyway, they gave him a month to deal with the issue through the courts if it was a mistaken identity. after the month was over and they couldn't find anywhere to help them the bailiffs came back. They didn't gain entry. The problem is this. WHAT DO WE DO???
                Its almost certain that this debt relates to a court fine and one that I suspect would have been travelling on the one of the tube lines controlled by Transport for London. It is such a shame that this was not dealt with within the one period period of the account being on hold but we are where we are.

The initial letter from Marston Holdings should have had a reference for a particular court (HMCTS....(something). Can you post back with this information.

Can you ask you sister whether her son remembers being stopped on the tube etc for not having a valid ticket?

Does your sister remember receiving any previous letters from the court for her son?

Assuming that the son knows nothing about this matter, then the correct course of action is to contact the court for a Statutory Declaration appointment. He cannot do this without the background information. If you can contact you sister and get answers to the above questions that woud be helpful.

Comment

Hello thanks for the help,

okay i am giving you all the info she has. I can now see that it is on behalf of HMCTS so i am wondering if its for a driving offence which the bailiff first stated rather than tfl? The bailiff basically said that they have been looking for him for months and they didn't even have his DOB and my stupid nephew gave it to them. Can we send the baliff a statutory declaration declaring that nothing in the property belongs to the 18 year old and it doesn't. HE is insisting that it isnt his (but he is 18 so you know he is a little shit basically) he was also free on public transport...and how does a tfl fine even get to £800..seems outrageous This is the first letter they received...followed by that one saying they will remove items.
                  Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X